Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops incredible software for the online gaming industry. Living by the motto “Fearlessly Forward,” innovation is at the centre of everything we do, whether it’s our games, new products and technologies. We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our strength lies in the diversity of our skills, and that comes from the diversity of our people. The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof,) and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a pleasant, supportive place to work – whoever you are. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and move Fearlessly Forward.
What you'll do
Working for the teams who make and deliver our software, you’ll make sure services are effective across test, development and production environments.
It’ll be your job to drive improvements, whether they relate to boosting enjoyment of the software or the efficiency of our teams. You’ll be empowered to improve software, using your analytical and diagnostic flair to the full. And, above all, you’ll make certain our agile methodology isn’t hampered by operational requirements, or delays in delivery or software transitions.
You’ll be part of a super-motivated DevOps team whose mission is to create new and awesome tools that will empower our development teams to do things in an automated and safer way. Whilst standardising processes to ensure all development teams are aligned with each other.
- Plan upgrades of large, complex systems across a variety of environments, working closely with key staff across multiple sites.
- Manage technical releases including software deploys, de-risking deploys and change request reviews.
- Investigate and diagnose problems, assign or carry out code and deployment fixes, and keep documents up to date.
- Make workflow more efficient and the system more stable.
- Build and verify new servers, including tracking network changes.
- Build tools for automate, simplify and de-risk processes.
- Work with bleeding-edge tools and technologies.
- Administer more than 20 Kubernetes clusters with hundreds of services.
What you'll bring
- Familiar with containerisation (Docker, rkt) and virtualisation (VMWare, Vagrant, VirtualBox) technologies.
- Strong experience working with Kubernetes clusters and observability tools such as Fluentd, Kibana, Logstash, Prometheus and Grafana. Familiar with Service Mesh, ideally using Istio.
- Knowledge in Public and Private clouds: Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMWare.
- Experience with HashiCorp stack: Terraform, Consul and Vault. Ability to understand and implement Infrastructure-as-Code principles.
- A strong and deep level of understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment concepts and tools, including SCMs (Git, Subversion), CI servers (Bamboo, Jenkins), build tools (Maven, Gradle), binary repositories (Nexus, Artifactory) and code quality tools (SonarQube). Experience with the Atlassian stack is desirable.
- Strong knowledge around platform automation technologies, such as Puppet and Ansible. Experience with AWX is a plus.
- Good level of understanding regarding database administration, including but not limited to, Cassandra, Neo4j and ElasticSearch as well as the traditional ones (MySQL, Oracle, etc).
- Equipped with basic programming know-how – including an understanding of code and coding concepts – plus advanced knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby...). Knowledge in Django framework is a plus.
- Familiar with software development, including concepts, current technologies and frameworks.
- A talented Linux administrator who knows about network diagnostics and services.
- Basic knowledge in Windows systems administration and investigation, with expertise that covers Event log and Services.
- Flexible enough to meet tight deadlines and driven to deliver to strict SLAs.
Please note - due to the ever changing DevOps world we are flexible and understand you may not have experience in all of the above technologies. However, Kubernetes and Cloud are essential for this position.
What's in it for you
- Flexible ways of working, with no minimum office attendance required
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech
- Global work experience in an agile methodology
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!)
- Competitive salary and relocation packages for you and your family
- Flexibility of working from home/office to stay both safe and collaborative
- Relocation package for you and your family to Malaga
- Flexible working hours, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities
- Team building events, learning labs, Hackathons/Designatons
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others
Sound good? Then we’d love to hear from you.