Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
What we believe
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
What you'll do
- You'll join one of our engineering teams and will be using Agile methodologies working in a team of engineers and product owners
- You'll participate in the full-cycle software engineering: analysis > design > code/test > deployment > maintenance/support
- You will focus on Quality: Taking special care of testing strategy, code quality/maintainability, fighting tech debt
- You will participate in the CI/CD approach
- You will give and receive feedback via Code Reviews, Retrospectives
- You will be working closely with Product Managers and Business Analysts
- You will actively participate in team meetings and team planning
What you'll bring
- Back-end skills (multithreading, OOP, etc.), or front-end skills (you don't need to be proficient in both, but willing to learn)
- Understanding of web based applications (HTTP protocol, Web Servers, Caching, etc.)
- Good testing practices (unit, component and E2E testing)
- Understanding of the data modelling
- You actively seek opportunities to develop new knowledge and skills
- You follow up and seek clarification when required
- You like to experiment with new development opportunities
- You seek feedback on your own performance from others in an empathetic and respectful way
- You learn lessons from both successes and failures
- You have an understanding of software design principles, quality code, and testing
- You have an understanding and interest in working with lean and agile methodologies
- You have a basic knowledge of system admin and interest to learn more
- You have a positive approach when dealing with new or unknown processes/technologies
- You adapt to change, and uncertainty with limited stress
What you'll work with
- Java – latest version.
- Web development (JS/Angular).
- Web services (REST).
- Spring boot, Spring cloud.
- Build tools (Maven, NPM, Webpack) as well as version control systems (Git).
- Testing frameworks (JUnit, Jasmine, JBehave and Selenium) and testing practices, contract testing.
- Messaging (RabbitMQ).
- Concurrent programming and threading.
What's in it for you
- Flexible ways of working, with no minimum office attendance required
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing