Senior Data Software Engineer - (Malaga or Madrid)
We usually respond within three days
Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops incredible software for the online gaming industry. Living by the motto “Fearlessly Forward,” innovation is at the centre of everything we do, whether it’s our games, new products and technologies. We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes.
Our strength lies in the diversity of our skills, and that comes from the diversity of our people. The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof,) and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a pleasant, supportive place to work – whoever you are. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and move Fearlessly Forward.
The Workshop is currently looking for a Senior Big Data Software Engineer to join our dynamic team in Malaga. The ideal candidate will have an outstanding knowledge of fast-moving and large volume data in multi-tiered data and analytics platforms.
The role involves the design, development, implementation, and support of a cutting-edge real-time data platform, which includes including data streaming, a data lake, and a blazing fast analytics database. We are looking for someone who is passionate, motivated, driven, and up for the challenge.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and support the real-time data platform and pipelines
- Conceptualize, evaluate and build a proof of concepts on new models, tools, and techniques.
- Collaborate, peer review, cross skill, and share expertise with other team members.
- Performance tuning of the system and work on new ways to increase efficiency.
What you'll bring
- Strong experience working with high velocity and high volume data, including good experience in handling relational, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
- Strong knowledge of database design and development with previous experience in developing ETL processes, and multidimensional data models.
- High understanding of both relational and multidimensional modeling principles.
- Deep knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming languages and must have a strong experience in Java, with Scala knowledge as nice to have.
- Strong experience on data quality standards and contribution on defining and monitoring data quality metrics and KPIs
- Solid experience with SQL queries and database tuning.
- Problem-solving skills, willingness to take ownership and risks, and enthusiasm in the face of technical knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Expertise with Kafka, Kafka Connect and knowledge of RabbitMQ.
- Good experience with data process technologies like Apache (Spark/Flink/Beam), Oracle ODI, and Confluent’s Platform.
- Good knowledge of Hadoop Cluster Architecture and hands-on experience within Cloudera Hadoop ecosystems.
- Good working knowledge with Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Exasol.
- Knowledge of any one of the scripting languages, such as Python, Shell Scripting, or PERL.
What’s in it for you
- Hybrid ways of working.
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech
- Global work experience in an agile methodology
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!)
- Competitive salary and relocation packages for you and your family
- Playful office in the Technology Park of Málaga with a free, private bus connection from the city center
- Flexible working hours, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities
- Team building events, learning labs, Hackathons/Designations, and extravagant corporate events
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others
- Workplace perks including gaming consoles, darts, pool, foosball, books, massages, and a kitchen full of coffee, fruit, and even ice-cream
- Relocation package for you and your family, including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in SPAIN, if you're moving from a different city or country.)
Life at The Workshop
We’re lucky enough to have a home in some of the world’s best tech hubs – Málaga, London, Reading and Auckland. Our Inventors represent 40 different nationalities and speak almost 30 languages. Check out our current vacancies above, but don’t worry if there’s nothing available – we’d love to hear from you anyway.
Senior Data Software Engineer - (Malaga or Madrid)
Loading application form
Already working at The Workshop?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.