Who we are:
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the centre of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
You will be working with cross-functional teams, design and development partners, and other stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of objectives set, while promoting an environment of shared accountability and collaboration.
Through your leadership and relationship building skills, you will engage everyone from all areas involved to ensure a smooth and consistent product development process. Ultimately, you will aid in maintaining a positive experience for everyone involved in the end-to-end (E2E) Product Development Lifecycle, including external partners and customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake an active role in managing the early contracting and onboarding of strategic third-parties, such as Games Studios or Product Development Outsourcing Partners, by engaging the appropriate internal team members for an efficient and timely process.
- As the partnership continues, you will be managing directly the partner and all projects initiated by: securing clear timeline, setting up expectations with internal teams and partner, monitoring progress and completion of deliveries, while owning the budget and payments required
- Engage with cross-functional teams to align on prioritized projects’ objectives, and provide high-level planning for effective project execution and closure
- Undertake an active role in managing Product Development Lifecycle framework improvements, owning the E2E project/programme execution
- When required, identify the need and onboard individual project managers to support complex product delivery projects. Give project management guidance and set engagement expectations during collaboration, which promote consistency and transparency
- Develop and maintain appropriate tracking and reporting of product deliveries where scalability is key
- Generate reports to Project Teams, Key Stakeholders, or Clients focusing on costs, project/program health, etc.
- Assist in training teams on any tools or processes required to support games deliveries
- With guidance, foster operational excellence by driving process improvements and defining best practices.
- With guidance, partner and build strong, lasting relationships with teams, clients, and third-party suppliers
What you’ll bring:
- A passion for product delivery, product planning, customer and partners collaboration
- A customer-centric mindset supported by design thinking
- Proven experience in successfully managing and leading projects and programs at a global scale within IT industry. Gaming and Sports Betting is a plus.
- Proven experience of working effectively with globally distributed teams and stakeholders
- An established background in initiating and onboarding software or services partnerships.
- A high degree of proficiency in iterative development, understanding of Agile methodologies - Scaled Agile frameworks is a plus.
- Ability to instil confidence in managing complex or critical conversations, particularly re. program delivery, resource allocation, supplier matters, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to negotiate and influence using sound logic and backed up with accumulated knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire internal teams/stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment.
- Great organisational skills and a proven ability to proactively manage time effectively when handling multiple simultaneous projects.
- Strong commitment to excellence in collaboration and facilitation.
What's in it for you:
- A generous relocation package
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- Learning and growth opportunities within The Workshop
- A free private bus between the office and Malaga city centre
- Free English or Spanish language classes
- Inclusive culture and fun socials – from weekly drinks to big seasonal events. We’ve even got a football team.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for each four years of service
- An in-office massage service
- Soft drinks and fresh fruit
- A games room
- Regular Hackathons and Designathons
What we believe
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
Sound good? Then we’d love to hear from you…