Site Reliability Engineer
We usually respond within three days
Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
What we believe
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
Site Reliability Engineering is the outcome of combining IT operations responsibilities with software development. With SRE there is an inherent expectation of responsibility for meeting the service-level objectives (SLOs) set for the service they manage and the service-level agreements (SLAs) we agree with our clients.
Working with the teams who make and deliver our software, you’ll make sure the platforms and services customers rely on, are available when customers want to use them. SRE goal is to build highly-scalable and reliable systems.
What you’ll do
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Help build reliable systems and define standards and best practices.
- Improve the observability of our systems to make them react on symptoms and not outages.
- Understand the full software stack and contribute to improve the performance and reliability of applications.
- Automate repetitive manual processes when appropriate.
- Optimise the software and incident lifecycles to booster the reliability of our systems.
What you’ll bring
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
- Passion about learning new languages and frameworks.
- Good stakeholder management skills. Ability to translate technical into business language.
- Understanding of Web-based applications (HTTP protocol, Web Servers, Caching, etc.).
- Strong experience working with Kubernetes, Helm and K8S Operators.
- Expert on Observability tools including but not limited to Prometheus, Nagios, Fluentd, ECK or Google Stacktrace.
- Demonstrated experience as a full-cycle software engineer: analysis > design > code/test > deployment > maintenance/support.
- A strong understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment concepts and tools, including SCMs (Git, Subversion), CI servers (Bamboo, Jenkins), build tools (Maven, Gradle), binary repositories (Nexus, Artifactory), GitOps and code quality tools (SonarQube).
- Knowledge on platform automation technologies, such as Ansible, Puppet, Terraform or Pulumi, is a plus.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
- oCTO - DevOps
Life at The Workshop
We’re lucky enough to have a home in some of the world’s best tech hubs – Málaga, London, Reading and Auckland. Our Inventors represent 40 different nationalities and speak almost 30 languages. Check out our current vacancies above, but don’t worry if there’s nothing available – we’d love to hear from you anyway.
Site Reliability Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at The Workshop?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.