Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
What we believe
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
What you´ll do
- As a NoSQL Engineer, you will administer our database platforms to ensure they remain online, secure, right-sized and have appropriate HADR solutions. This includes supporting a blockchain system built on Cassandra, Elasticsearch and MongoDB hosted in both public and private clouds.
- You will support our development lifecycle through feasibility, design and delivery to ensure the solutions we provide are automated, robust, scalable, maintainable and secure.
- You will promote and collaborate in the creation of solutions to drive automation, environment consistency, continuous delivery with an "everything as code" mentality
- When appropriate you will lead on complex database tasks such as Information Lifecycle Management, very large table modifications, advanced query tuning and data-migrations
- Use your training budget and work time to keep up to date, and sometimes drive industry data platform trends and technology adoption.
- Collaborate with colleagues, application development teams, and with business stakeholders.
- Cross train peers in database development and administration. They will do the same for you.
What you´ll bring:
- 1+ years experience supporting Apache Cassandra in a Production Environment
- Cloud experience at least one of: GCP/Azure/AWS/Openstack
- Developing automated deployments using Ansible (or similar automation tool for config/admin)
- Linux systems including bash scripting
- Code versioning tools (GIT, SVN, etc)
- Working as part of an on-call rota.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
• Comfortable preparing and running demo’s and learning sessions for small groups of fellow engineers
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
• Open minded, willing to share knowledge and learn new skills
• Passionate about data platforms – keeps up to date on the industry trends and best practices. Is keen to develop and broaden knowledge across multiple database platforms.
Nice to Have:
• Working with container environments (Docker/ Kubernetes)
• End to end Design and provisioning of data platforms using infrastructure as code.
• Experience of supporting high transactional and/or financial systems
• Experience of agile working and exposure to Jira and Confluence
• Experience with Developing Database CI/CD pipelines