Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
What we believe
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
CoudOps Engineer performs the tasks required to keep our systems up and running at optimal performance levels. The infrastructure must evolve rapidly in response to changing business and IT requirements, and Cloud Platform Engineer ensures that the necessary infrastructure management, security, provisioning, and changes continue to align with such organizational requirements, ensuring consistent system functionality even as necessary configurations are changed, as well as an optimal performance of all physical and logical assets is maintained within the IT environment
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and deploy modular and secure Cloud-based systems.
- Develop and maintain Cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Administer the organization's servers footprint in a multi-location private/public environment.
- Participate in the design of scalable, secure system Cloud solutions, policies, and processes for our business.
- Build an Image Lifecycle Management system to keep our systems patched and secured.
- Oversee our Cloud Infrastructure systems – build, install, monitor, and fine-tune them, resolving any system or network issue and working closely with peers to keep our platforms up to date.
- Administer as-Code repositories and extend the usage of Infrastructure tools to the rest of the teams
- Develop and deploy internal tools for system administration automation and self-service products
- Proactively monitor the infrastructure for issues and capacity planning.
- Devise, maintain, and execute an extensive risk assessment and disaster recovery plan.
- Interact and collaborate with peers from other departments, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on client needs.
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of experience with at least one of the three major cloud providers: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Systems administration skills with a good understanding of Linux and Windows with experience working in a large-scale, distributed Linux production set-up with zero downtime.
- Ability to understand the software development process to be able to design infrastructure that works well with the software.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure-as-Code technologies: Terraform, Pulumi...
- Experience with automation and scripting in Linux environment (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Familiar with Configuration Management Systems, such as Puppet or Ansible in large environments.
- Understanding and working experience with private cloud solutions such as OpenStack or VMWare.
- Knowledge of container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Openshift
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot system and network problems
- Knowledge of basic infrastructure services such as SMTP, DNS, SNMP, and NTP.
- Hunger to reduce manual tasks as much as possible. Automate everything.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail and great at keeping informed and up to date.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing