Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
What we believe
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
What you'll do
- Prioritise and refine the iteration backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of internal stakeholders and our customers
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Set sprint goals and objectives for the agile team
- Accept user stories at the end of each iteration
- Participate in team demo and retrospectives
- Ensure features demos are presented to customers early and often
- Prepare and participate in Program Increment Planning
- Work closely with the product managers to decompose program backlogs into iteration backlogs by just-in-time story elaboration
- Work with an agile team of engineers to plan and clarify user stories and ensure the team iteratively deliver value to customers
- Work with cross-functional teams, customers and stakeholders including: design, architecture, security, engineering, and user enablement
- Turn data insights into product features with actionable outcomes to the customer
- Partner with stakeholders and customers across the organisation to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritisation.
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Develop and maintain appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment
What you'll bring
- A proven track record as a Product Owner, or similar role in product management. Online Gaming industry preferred.
- A high degree of proficiency in iterative development, understanding of Agile principles - Scaled Agile frameworks is a plus
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Product Owner Qualifications
- A balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- A proactive self-starter attitude, with excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire internal teams & stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- A high degree of organisation, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing