Join our Blockchain team!
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the centre of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Our blockchain team is dedicated to the conception, design and implementation of a best-in-class software platform providing our users with the ability to work seamlessly within this new and highly technical space. We are currently seeking new colleagues across a variety of roles who are passionate about bringing this world-changing technology into mainstream use via the development of high-quality tools and services aimed at the wider commercial market.
Previous blockchain development experience, while desirable, is not required and so this is an excellent opportunity for anybody who has an interest in growing their skills and experience in this novel and fast-moving field.
What you'll work with
- Java – latest version.
- Web development (JS/Angular).
- Web services (REST).
- Spring boot, Spring cloud.
- Build tools (Maven, NPM, Webpack) as well as version control systems (Git).
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Testing frameworks (JUnit, Jasmine, JBehave, and Selenium) and testing practices, contract testing.
- Apache Cassandra and Elasticsearch.
- Messaging (RabbitMQ).
- Concurrent programming and threading.
What you'll do
- Develop high quality, maintainable code, and scalable solutions
- Work closely with other specialists (quality, security, product) to make our software design, delivery, and quality unbeatable.
- Contribute to overall strategic direction and roadmaps, working together with architects and product owners/managers
- Solution design; back to front, employing top technologies and industry best practices
- Share your knowledge and experience with colleagues, mentoring others, helping the team to grow their skills, as well as developing your own skills by experimenting with and learning new technologies
- Own analysis, design, and delivery of end to end features
- Take ownership of system stability over the different environments
- Investigate new tools/ technologies/ ideas to promote further improvements of the system
- Identify opportunities to improve work processes and efficiency, not settling or satisfying with the status quo
- Promote best practices, existing development guidelines, and continuous code improvements.
- Think ahead and bring solutions for future problems
- Participate in the on-call support when needed
What you'll bring
- Positive, growth mindset, knowledge sharing, and creativity while working autonomously and with others.
- Demonstrated experience as a full-cycle software engineer: analysis > design > code/test > deployment > maintenance/support
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of continuous deployment
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal, to provide empathetic feedback, challenge, and influence others
- Stakeholder management experience, adapting communication style to clearly express complex technical concepts and ideas using appropriate business language.
- Ability to work with multiple technologies (t-shaping) even if specialized at one, and continue learning
- Ability to analyze and find solutions for complex problems without any assistance
- An agile approach to development, and a good understanding of lean and agile methodologies.
- A proven track record of playing a hands-on role within a fast-paced organisation
- Ability to make decisions based on the business and organisational goals, collaborating with other teams (such as Product, Design, Talent)
- Experience in scaling infrastructure and ensuring the system is performant
- Good DevOps, Testing, Quality and Security practices
- Experience designing and maintaining microservice-based architectures
- Experience in algorithmic programming in multiple languages
- Passionate in building cutting-edge, high-quality applications
- Strong understanding of QA concepts (TDD, BDD)
- Quick learner, creative thinker, researcher mindset, delivery focus
- The ability to context switch and be adaptable to change
- Comfortable with a “you build it, you run it” culture
- Willingness to work outside of the area of expertise or in an unstructured environment
What’s in it for you:
- Fixed-term 18 months contract
- Gym membership discount
- My learning Pocket - €600 per annum for personal development.
- Work from anywhere – work from any location for 4 weeks per year