Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products, and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
In addition, our IT Services Group team consists of Product, Core Engineering, IT Services, Support, and Architecture are tight-knit operating units where excellence is the standard.
What you'll do
- Administer the organization's server infrastructure in a multi-location environment based on Linux systems running under OpenStack / VMWare.
- Participate in the design of scalable, secure system solutions, policies, and processes for our enterprise.
- Control the Operating Systems patching lifecycle including repositories maintenance, packages release, and reports generation.
- Oversee our Private Cloud Infrastructure systems – build, install, monitor, and fine-tune them, resolving any system or network issue and working closely with peers to keep our cloud platforms up to date with the latest improvements and patches.
- Administer SCM systems like Puppet or Ansible and extend the usage of Infrastructure tools to the rest of the teams
- Support user requests related to the systems supported - everything from setting up new Stacks, updating the DNS, to email relay or Apache configuration requests.
- Develop and deploy internal tools for system administration automation and self-service products
- Proactively monitor the infrastructure for issues and capacity planning.
- Work with vendors and our purchasers to procure appropriate products and services
- This position is part of the Ops team - support hours are 12/7 - as we do the "Follow the Sun" model
What you'll bring
- Extensive system administrator experience working with Unix/Linux systems (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, Solaris, etc) in a large scale, distributed Linux production set-up with zero or very minimal downtime
- Experience with automation and scripting in Linux environment (bash, python, etc.)
- Familiar with Puppet and/or Ansible configuration management systems.
- Significant understanding and working experience with OpenStack and enterprise-level virtualisation (VMware, KVM)
- Knowledge of container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Openshift
- Experience maintaining large scale DNS environments
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot system and network problems
- Knowledge of services such as email/SMTP, web, IM, DNS, SNMP. DB etc and their best practices
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail and great at keeping informed and up to date
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible ways of working, with no minimum office attendance required
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.