Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
The ideal Microsoft Services Specialist - Exchange will demonstrate seniority and overall IT experience in Windows or Microsoft Services Administration and possesses some or all of the following attributes.
What you'll do
- Be the Level 3 technical assistance to support staff and participate in an on-call support rotation.
- Administer Active Directory including Users & Accounts, Group Policies, Directory Schema, Sites & Services, Domains & Trusts and Scripts.
- Administer Exchange including setting up resources and processes to ensure an effective messaging platform.
- Responsible for maintaining the build strategy, defining standard server templates and the automating deploying scripts.
- Manage additional Microsoft services such as WSUS, DHCP, DNS, IIS, DFS, CA, WDS, and others.
- Work closely with colleagues, to architect, design, and implement Infrastructure, messaging and supporting technologies across the enterprise.
- Proactively identify ways to improve reliability and efficiency of the Microsoft Services and their environments, including monitoring, reporting and trending.
- Responsible for enforcing policies and follow best practice relating to security and backup.
- Responsible for contributing to the Microsoft Services strategy and roadmap.
- Optimize Microsoft Services performance through identifying and implementing upgrades and improvements, proactively creating scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Prepare quality documentation and specifications, including Microsoft Services implementation outlines, standards, best practises and training materials.
- Drive continuous performance improvements, identify and implement processes and procedures that improve the effectiveness for users and meet best practice.
Expertise in the following:
- MS Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019 Server support
- MS Exchange 2013/2016/2019 administration/engineering and support in a large (2000+ mailbox), multi-site/multi-tenancy environment.
- Good knowledge of clustering components (DAG, NLB basics).
- Active Directory and their service protocols (LDAP, Kerberos, etc.)
- Microsoft core services DNS, DHCP, WINS and Windows Clusters
- Advanced PowerShell skills for automating purposes and processes
- Well versed in SMTP protocol and routing between mail systems (relaying)
- Very good troubleshooting skills
With good knowledge or proven experience:
- Integrating services in a multi-platform environment, including Linux and Mac OS X
- Understanding of basic network engineering fundamentals, including: OSI layers, IP addressing, sub-netting, TCP/IP stack, VLANs, DHCP, etc
- Additional Windows Services (WSUS, RIS, ISA, IIS, EFS, DFS, CA, WDS, IIS)
- With Federations and Single Sign On (SSO) services: QaS, FreeIPA or similars.
- Working with VMware (vSphere, vCenter, ESXi) and / or OpenStack.
- Experience programming/scripting (PowerShell)
- Experience of MachPanel and Enterprise Vault would be advantageous
- Related education/certification.
As member of a distributed team you will also contribute being/having:
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Consultative approach with supporting various teams with the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Hybrid working, manage your time between the office and remote working as agreed with your manager and team members
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
What we believe
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.