Join our Players team!
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the centre of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Our Players team obsesses over delivering the best, most engaging, and fun experience to players that sets us head and shoulders above the client competitors. We pride ourselves on having a super scalable, robust, and high-performing gaming platform that handles millions of active monthly players.
The team faces the challenges of maintaining a high performing gaming platform head on with creative problem solving along with a real opportunity to be inventive developing enhancements and new features. We power the player experience, providing the right tools to acquire new players and developing features so that they remain loyal, active and engaged.
Data powers our product and business decisions, working alongside the other product verticals to leverage best-fit technology to bring those ideas to life.
Our engineers are versatile, display authority and team collaboration qualities, and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
We are always interested in discussing this opportunity and looking for talented developers with solid inquisitive, design, and problem-solving skills, expertise with high-performance applications.
What technologies will you be working with?
We use a huge microservice architecture that lays in Kubernetes and uses the latest technologies such as latest versions of Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Docker, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, JS and latest versions of Angular amongst other.
In that ecosystem, we are able to deploy our changes following a structured mechanism of automatic pipelines (CI/CD) across several environments that guarantee the robustness of the incoming features. Those new features are highly protected by a solid testing framework we follow in Players: the testing pyramid. This framework includes different technologies like JUnit, Jasmine, Cypress, JBehave and Selenium.
We love data and technology and rely on data to power business decisions, product decisions, and player experiences leveraging the best-fit technology.
What else you'll be doing:
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions using agile methodologies working in a team of engineers and product owners.
- You will work closely with other specialists (Quality, Security, Product) to make our software design, delivery, and quality unbeatable.
- You will follow best practices at all aspects of software development.
- You will give and receive feedback via Code Reviews, Retrospectives and monthly 1-1s
- You will actively engage with other teams to manage dependencies and resolve impediments
- You will work with our testing mindset which involves unit, component, E2E and visual tests among others
What you’ll bring
- Proficiency in back-end and/or front-end skills (T-shape culture)
- DevOps and Infrastructure skills: knowledge about system admin and Kubernetes
- Clean code and best practices
- Good testing practices
- Understanding of Web-based applications (HTTP protocol, Web Servers, Caching, etc.)
- Data mindset
- Agile methodologies
- CI/CD approach
- Positive, collaborative and hands-on mindset along with creativity while problem-solving with others
- Passion about learning new languages and frameworks
- Good communication skills
We care about your career progression, health and wellbeing, so we offer:
- Flexible ways of working
- We will be happy to see you in the office and offer a relocation package for you and your family, including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable if you are moving from a different city/country to Malaga, Spain).
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment. We are made up of over 35 nationalities and speak almost 30 languages.
- An attractive salary and customisable benefits package. Wellbeing programmes, a self-managed learning budget and personal growth opportunities.
- A range of events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons. Plenty of opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company through mentoring and knowledge sharing. Private health insurance and life insurance from day one.
- The opportunity to take up to three paid volunteering days each year. Gym membership discount.
- A period of up to four (4) weeks per calendar year, during which you may work remotely from a location other than your local office or home.
- A sabbatical program, which offers the opportunity to take one period of six weeks (30 working days) paid leave every for 4 years of service at The Workshop.
- 23 days of annual leave plus 14 Bank Holidays.
When you plan to work from the office, you can expect:
- A contemporary and accessible environment with a range of workplace perks, including a parking spot.
- Free breakfasts, snacks and drinks.
- Thirsty Thursday – afterwork!