Join our Sports team!
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the centre of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Our Sports team is currently building the platform of the future. We are proud of counting on a visionary group of product experts working hand to hand with an excellent and powerful engineering workforce, all in one making a great Sports team.
Our Sports product is an independent end-to-end platform solution integrating feeds and trading tools designed to optimise user experience and profitability.
We develop new and engaging product features to enhance and simplify the sports betting experience demonstrating creative thinking across the sports betting lifecycle.
From brand customisation and bet settlement through to feed optimisation and development of trading and management tools, our team always have their finger on the pulse in this fast-paced environment.
Our engineers are versatile, display authority and team collaboration qualities, and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full stack as we continue to push technology forward.
We are always interested in discussing this opportunity and looking for talented developers with solid inquisitive, design, and problem-solving skills, and expertise with high-performance applications. We are looking for people that are willing to contribute to all of that, bring fresh ideas and are passionate about innovating with technology! Are you one of those? Come join us!
What technologies will you be working with?
You will enjoy the privilege of offering a great Sports entertainment offering with the current platform, while accepting the challenge of building a brand new set of systems to bring the platform to a completely different level, using cutting edge technologies like Kotlin, Kafka, Java, Angular, K8s, React Programming, events based architectures, microservices, leveraging the experience and creating great value to delight our clients.
Our team is exigent and high performing but friendly, collaborative, helping each other to get up to speed, passionate about what we are doing, loving any new challenge to overcome, and excited about the bulletproof and innovative future we are creating for our clients and ourselves.
What else you'll be doing:
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions using agile methodologies working with a team of engineers and product owners.
- You will work closely with other specialists (Quality, Security, Product) to make our software design, delivery, and quality unbeatable.
- You will follow best practices in all aspects of software development.
- You will give and receive feedback via Code Reviews, Retrospectives and monthly 1-1s
- You will actively engage with other teams to manage dependencies and resolve impediments
- You will work with our testing mindset which involves unit, component, E2E and visual tests among others
What you’ll bring
- Proficiency in back-end and/or front-end skills (T-shape culture)
- DevOps and Infrastructure skills: knowledge about system admin and Kubernetes
- Clean code and best practices
- Good testing practices
- Understanding of Web-based applications (HTTP protocol, Web Servers, Caching, etc.)
- Data mindset
- Agile methodologies
- CI/CD approach
- Positive, collaborative and hands-on mindset along with creativity while problem-solving with others
- Passion for learning new languages and frameworks
- Good communication skills
We care about your career progression, health and wellbeing, so we offer:
- Flexible ways of work
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment. We are made up of over 35 nationalities and speak almost 30 languages.
- An attractive salary and customisable benefits package.
- Wellbeing programmes, a self-managed learning budget and personal growth opportunities.
- A range of events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons.
- Plenty of opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company through mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- Private health insurance and life insurance from day one.
- The opportunity to take up to three paid volunteering days each year.
- Gym membership discount.
- A period of up to four (4) weeks per calendar year, during which you may work remotely from a location other than your local office or home.
- A sabbatical program, which offers the opportunity to take one period of six weeks (30 working days) paid leave every for 4 years of service at The Workshop.
- 23 days of annual leave plus 14 Bank Holidays.
When working from the office, you can expect:
- A contemporary and accessible environment with a range of workplace perks, including a parking spot.
- A relocation package for you and your family, including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain if you are moving from a different city/country).
- Free breakfasts, snacks and drinks.
- Thirsty Thursday – after work!