Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops incredible software for the online gaming industry. Living by the motto “Fearlessly Forward,” innovation is at the center of everything we do, whether it’s our games, new products and technologies. We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our strength lies in the diversity of our skills, and that comes from the diversity of our people. The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof,) and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a pleasant, supportive place to work – whoever you are. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and move Fearlessly Forward.
What you'll do
As a Head of Design, you will have a foundational role within the Design team working alongside product and engineering partners to deliver excellence in everything we do. Your primary focus will be on the games design area where you will ship exciting and innovative iGaming content and lead a team of artists, animators and other creatives while interacting with business stakeholders within a dynamic and highly iterative E2E games delivery environment.
The ideal candidate should be a team-first player with strong fundamentals in people management, effective knowledge sharing and domain expertise.
- Manage a talented and diverse team of animators, artists and sound designers;
- Level up and drive organic growth, development and standards for games design;
- Set quality standards and execute industry-standard games design delivery;
- Champion efficiency programmes and knowledge sharing;
- Work closely with Design Director to set design strategy within the organisation;
- Effectively manage stakeholders' expectations and create an environment of trust, transparency and accountability;
- Represent design and partner with product and engineering leadership within the Gaming division to deliver upon business objectives.
What you'll bring
- A deep passion and drive for games design;
- Extensive domain experience in Games design (iGaming sector is a plus);
- Proven track record in effectively managing a fully-fledged design team;
- Expert organisational skills and deep understanding of the specifics of managing (and growing) designers on all their competency levels;
- Champion domain knowledge and stakeholder management;
- Excellence in mentoring and coaching;
- Excellence in working collaboratively with product, engineering and leadership teams;
- Champion articulating design decisions and influence business stakeholders;
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills;
- Fluent level of written and spoken English.
What's in it for you
- A generous relocation package
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- Learning and growth opportunities at The Workshop
- Free English or Spanish language classes
- Inclusive culture and fun socials – from weekly drinks to big seasonal events. We’ve even got a football team.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for each four years of service
- An in-office massage service
- Soft drinks and fresh fruit
- A games room
- Regular Hackathons and Designathons
Sound good? Then we’d love to hear from you…