Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops incredible software for the online gaming industry. Living by the motto “Fearlessly Forward,” innovation is at the centre of everything we do, whether it’s our games, new products and technologies. We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes.Our strength lies in the diversity of our skills, and that comes from the diversity of our people. The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof,) and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a pleasant, supportive place to work – whoever you are. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and move Fearlessly Forward.
What you'll do
As a Design Manager, you will have a significant and fulfilling role working alongside other DesignOps within the wider Design team. Your primary focus will be design project management and day-to-day operations for the games design stream. You will be collaborating with other peers and interacting with business stakeholders within a dynamic and highly iterative E2E games delivery environment.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is a true team-first player thus demonstrating openness, reception and the mindset to do new things and keep on learning.
- Design roadmap and backlog management (setting goals, planning iterative deliveries and encouraging commitment);
- Assist design leads in preparing project plans, scope documents, resource allocation and project milestones;
- Analyse various metrics and look for ways to improve efficiency;
- Help facilitate design retrospectives or internal workshops;
- Update and inform upwards on the projects' progress and issues;
- Capture key issues, decisions, and mitigate production risks;
- Represent the Design team and its initiatives - collaborate, communicate, and negotiate with product managers, engineers and stakeholders across the organisation;
- Partner with product and engineering peers in managing projects and design initiatives with our extensive outsourcing partners;
- Help in supporting team’s health, initiating activities for team’s general wellbeing.
What you'll bring
- Familiarity working with project management tools (Roadmunk, JIRA, or similar);
- Proven experience managing games/design projects from ad-hocs up to large initiatives;
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scaled Agile or similar) and Design Thinking;
- Great self-organisational skills and ability to simultaneously work on a multitude of different project streams and initiatives;
- Experience working with designers, animators, artists and other creatives;
- Extensive knowledge of working in partnership with product owners, product and engineering managers;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, articulation and presentation skills;
- Reception to feedback and ability to adapt and iterate upon it;
- Experience in managing stakeholders’ expectations and articulating decisions;
- Fluent level of written and spoken English;
- Experience working within the iGaming industry is a plus.
What's in it for you
- A generous relocation package
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- Free English or Spanish language classes
- Learning and growth opportunities within the company
- Inclusive culture and fun socials – from weekly drinks to big seasonal events. We’ve even got a football team.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for each four years of service
- An in-office massage service
- Soft drinks and fresh fruit
- A games room
- Regular Hackathons and Designathons
Sound good? Then we’d love to hear from you