Product Manager - Casino Data
We usually respond within three days
Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
What we believe
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
As the Casino Data Product Manager, you will work with a specialist team that is responsible for the discovery, design, delivery and performance of data products and initiatives on our cross-organizational Data Platform. You will be responsible for forming strategies to contribute to and execute the product roadmap to ensure that the overall performance of the product platform is aligned, prioritized with client stakeholders and contributing to companywide strategy themes and objectives.
You will work with leadership to constantly assess the organization’s overall data platform capability and propose strategies to increase and improve capabilities where necessary (requirements, governance, data science, product design, cloud architectures and distributed scaled agile engineering teams).
You will be accountable for contributing to the data platform strategy which is a broad area covering big data pipelines, data warehousing, governance, BI analytics services, data science and machine learning ops. You will build and enhance products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with internal stakeholders and their business requirements. You will stay abreast of changing market conditions, big data trends, governance standards and new technologies.
You will work closely across all aspects of product development (Product, Engineering, and Design) to ensure that requirements are prioritized in line with overall business value. Coordinating client requirements across multiple teams including engineering, database services, PMO, architects and product peers in other verticals. You will be delivering clear communication to stakeholders of upcoming releases and leading the change management activities for operational staff awareness and minimizing disruption of operational performance levels.
This is a fast-paced environment and you will be a self-starter, who can pick up complex projects with ease, work confidently with experts in multiple domains and someone with exceptional communication skills.
- Work with the Data Platform, Analytics and Data Science teams to create strategic initiatives in order to transform current Casino data sources into the new B2B data platform (PaaS)
- Build and manage the roadmap defining the transformation of the current Casino data capabilities as well as overall execution, however also ensuring current business data requirements are supported and intact.
- Ensure constant alignment of Casino data-related initiatives with the organizational data strategy and governance.
- Streamline all data sources for Casino including Web Analytics capability for Games in order to apply user behavior data to guide operations, product and commercial decisions.
- Work with client and internal stakeholders to ensure that the B2B Data Platform supports their business strategies with supporting KPIs and performance targets
- Advocate to clients, vendors, partners and peers on the purpose and dependencies of big data architecture. Build appropriate and effective business relationships.
- Manage strategic third-party relationships with vendors and industry experts where necessary.
- Lead program planning of product release plans, routine client communications, steering group updates, client validation of changes and setting clear expectations for delivery of new features.
- Advise on available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to big data management, able to make appropriate recommendations from alternatives.
- Passionate about big data and data platform management. Experience and enthusiasm for evolving data and cloud architecture opportunities, data warehousing for BI analytics customers and full of ideas on the opportunities of machine learning to personalization.
- Obsessive over being the voice of the customer in every data initiative.
- Highly organized – proven ability to proactively manage time effectively when handling multiple simultaneous projects.
- An eye for detail and diligence in leading and keeping operational processes flowing.
- Proven experience in similar platforms in a high-transaction based environment.
- Proven experience in successfully managing and leading projects and programs on a global basis.
- Proven experience working effectively with globally distributed teams and expert stakeholders.
- Personable character and an exceptional communicator – ability to communicate at senior levels both in writing and verbally.
- Extensive product management and product development experience relevant to data, cloud and shared transactional platforms.
- Experience of data governance methods and tools including access control and data catalogues.
- Good at getting the job done in a globally distributed, fast-paced and fast-changing environment.
- Degree educated.
- This position may require some international travel, prevailing COVID restrictions are fully observed in all locations.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customizable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
Life at The Workshop
We’re lucky enough to have a home in some of the world’s best tech hubs – Málaga, London, Reading and Auckland. Our Inventors represent 40 different nationalities and speak almost 30 languages. Check out our current vacancies above, but don’t worry if there’s nothing available – we’d love to hear from you anyway.
Product Manager - Casino Data
Loading application form
Already working at The Workshop?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.