Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together.
Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
What we believe
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
We are looking for a People Manager for our new office in Berlin. Reporting to the Head of People in Spain, the People Manager will be the main point of contact for our employees in Germany. You will be the backbone of all HR processes providing high-quality operational service across all aspects of the employee lifecycle and will have a big impact on the employee experience. You will work closely with the People Operations teams in London and in Malaga in building a world class People and Culture function. You will be responsible for contract and payroll related tasks and database management. You have strong attention to detail, thrive in a demanding environment, have the ability to tackle competing priorities and love payroll management; employee data maintenance and love finding ways to make our processes more efficient.
What you'll do
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all HR Germany related matters.
- Responsibility of all country HR policies, processes and compliance.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing and administration of all related payroll and benefit adjustments and changes.
- Ensure the Company complies with all German Employment Standards and regulations.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve HR processes, systems and delivery to ensure we are ahead of the curve, proactively suggesting new ideas.
- Leading and execution of Employee Relations for Germany.
- Responsible for HR Benefits and Reward delivery.
- Support employees with the application of internal policies and frameworks.
- Implement local onboarding processes.
- Work together with People Operations teams in other locations with the main purpose of improving the employee experience and enhancing our internal processes and programmes.
- Partner with all other HR groups including Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Comp. & Ben, Comms. & Engagement.
What you'll bring
You will need to have:
- 4+ years’ of demonstrated HR experience in an HR Operations role and multilingual environment preferably in the Tech or gaming industry.
- Native level of German and fluent in English is essential.
- Proven experience in coordination and facilitation of German payroll and benefits.
- Knowledge and understanding of current German Employment Law and other HR related legislation.
- Excellent work ethic. A strong team player who adopts a mentoring approach to development.
- Detail oriented.
- Outgoing and articulate, passionate for education and learning.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to provide sound judgment.
- Flexible with work schedule and assignments.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, results orientated.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and meet tight deadlines.
What's in it for you
We care about your career progression, health and wellbeing, so we offer:
- Relocation Package - Support for you to move to Berlin;
- 30 days annual leave;
- Sabbatical – Six weeks leave after four years of service;
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance – 2.5x Annual Base;
- Salary Life insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary Pension;
- Work from anywhere – work from any location for 4 weeks per year;
- My learning Pocket - €600 per annum for personal development.