Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
What we believe
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
About the role
The Engineering Manager will join our B2B Gaming team which focuses on building solutions within the gambling fields.
You will be responsible for managing the delivery of multiple software delivery streams, overseeing the team in areas such as quality, delivery schedule, risk mitigation, resourcing planning and overall productivity.
We are looking for an individual who is capable of planning, executing and managing all aspects of the SDLC across multiple, multi-disciplined teams.
The ability to perform a “hands-on” role for architectural initiatives and complex coding problems is highly desired and a large part of this role will be to mentor and coach your team, promoting high standards of software engineering principles.
Further to this, you will contribute to the strategy of the team across all disciplines including delivery methodology, performance, security, continuous delivery and operational support.
What you'll do
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction to the engineering teams to deliver the Product and Engineering Roadmap.
- Define and execute engineering plans, manage scheduling and resource allocation ensuring alignment to business priorities and architectural strategy.
- Help decide the architectural solution for any given problem statement. Code where required to illustrate a solution.
- Balance product delivery with technical and process improvements allowing for agility and predictability.
- Pro-actively drive and enforce the SDLC process, establishing process and procedures for handling change.
- Identify and develop mitigation/contingency plans and facilitate the risk management process.
- Manage hiring, retention and career development of the engineering teams ensuring a consistently high-performing well-balanced talent pool is maintained.
- Represent the engineering teams to senior management and stakeholders.
- Work with the team to define standards and team OKRs, in line with the company.
- Enforce clean code and other good programming practices, providing continuous improvement feedback.
- Coach and mentor employees through example, advice and correction; help them to expand their capacity and the capacity of their teams.
- Work with external partners to ensure deliverables are defined and delivered successfully.
What you'll bring
- A passion for software development processes, methodologies and technologies
- Well-versed in Agile software development processes and techniques and how to adapt them to the team dynamics and business needs
- Software development background with hands-on experience in developing commercial solutions
- Creative problem-solving mindset, can-do attitude and leadership skills
- Exceptional communication (spoken/written) and presentation skills
- Ability to learn and keep technically current with industry approaches, frameworks, and paradigms, including self-learning and company sponsored improvement
- Ability to motivate a team to achieve the defined vision and product objectives while balancing business priorities through collaboration with senior management
- Ability to initiate, recognize, and manage change
- Ability to manage performance and coach team members for growth through career development plans and leading by example
- Ability to work autonomously in a dynamic environment, taking multiple initiatives forward at the same time
- Full English professional proficiency
What's in it for you
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech
- Private medical insurance and pension plan
- Global work experience in an agile methodology
- Flexibility of working from home/office to stay both safe and collaborative
- Flexible working hours, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities
- Flexible benefits package
- Regular Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service