Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops incredible software for the online gaming industry. Living by the motto “Fearlessly Forward,” innovation is at the centre of everything we do, whether it’s our games, new products and technologies. We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes.Our strength lies in the diversity of our skills, and that comes from the diversity of our people. The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof,) and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a pleasant, supportive place to work – whoever you are. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and move Fearlessly Forward.
What you'll do
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Owner to help grow our evolving product portfolio.
You will be critical to the product function, as you will be performing a lead role for complex programs of work affecting multiple business areas. Working hand-in-hand with your stakeholders, from customers and Product Manager to agile engineers, you will define as-is and to-be processes, pinpoint limitations and recommend improvements. In short, you will be responsible for maximizing the value of the product by creating and managing the product backlog and be the voice of the customer in the agile delivery process.
You will be part of a super-motivated product team spread across multiple delivery teams. Each delivery team includes team members from different functions like product, development, architecture, quality assurance, etc.
- Prioritise and refine the iteration backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of internal stakeholders and our customers
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Set sprint goals and objectives for the agile team
- Accept user stories at the end of each iteration
- Participate in team demo and retrospectives
- Ensure features demos are presented to customers early and often
- Prepare and participate in Program Increment Planning
- Work closely with the product managers to decompose program backlogs into iteration backlogs by just-in-time story elaboration
- Work with an agile team of engineers to plan and clarify user stories and ensure the team iteratively deliver value to customers
- Work with cross-functional teams, customers and stakeholders including: design, architecture, security, engineering, and user enablement
- Turn data insights into product features with actionable outcomes to the customer
- Partner with stakeholders and customers across the organisation to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritisation.
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Develop and maintain appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment
What you'll bring
- A proven track record as a Product Owner, or similar role in product management. Online Gaming industry preferred.
- A high degree of proficiency in iterative development, understanding of Agile principles - Scaled Agile frameworks is a plus
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Product Owner Qualifications
- A balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- A proactive self-starter attitude, with excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire internal teams & stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- A high degree of organisation, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles
The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that are reasonably expected within the scope and grading of the post.
What's in it for you
- A generous relocation package
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- Learning and growth opportunities at The Workshop
- Free English or Spanish language classes
- Inclusive culture and fun socials – from weekly drinks to big seasonal events. We’ve even got a football team.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for each four years of service
- An in-office massage service
- Soft drinks and fresh fruit
- A games room
- Regular Hackathons and Designathons
Sound good? Then we’d love to hear from you…