‘Why’ - We believe freedom exists when what you value is protected
‘How’ - We live and breathe our products and services. We use our experience building the most secure products for our own business, leaving customers to focus on what they do best
‘What’ - We are a tech company that builds & develops incredible Products & Services for our clients in the cloud, Co-Lo & data centre services space. We are constantly exploring, developing and adding new technologies to our portfolio to strengthen our offering to our clients.
We hire great people and trust them to challenge, change & improve our products and services. It’s the kind of place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and move fearlessly forward.
We offer cloud services and data hosting in secure, flexible and highly private facilities. We ensure our clients have full confidence that their data is not only protected, but handled with the utmost discretion.
Our team’s knowledge and expertise comes from decades of experience building high-security infrastructure solutions.
Through building trusted relationships with our partners, we provide them with the peace of mind they need to drive their businesses forward.
What you'll do
- Be the Level 3 technical assistance to support staff and participate in an on-call support rotation.
- Administer the Active Directory including Users & Accounts, Group Policies, Directory Schema, Sites & Services, Domains & Trusts and Scripts.
- Administer Exchange including setting up resources and processes to ensure an effective messaging platform.
- Manage additional Microsoft services such as WSUS, DHCP, DNS, IIS, DFS, CA, WDS, and others.
- Work closely with colleagues, to architect, design, and implement Infrastructure, messaging and supporting technologies across the enterprise.
- Proactively identify ways to improve reliability and efficiency of the Microsoft Services and their environments, including monitoring, reporting and trending.
- Responsible to enforce policies and follow best practices relating to security and backup.
- Responsible for contributing to the Microsoft Services strategy and roadmap.
- Optimize Microsoft Services performance through identifying and implementing upgrades and improvements, proactively creating scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Prepare quality documentation and specifications, including Microsoft Services implementation outlines, standards, best practises and training materials.
- Drive continuous performance improvements, identify and implement processes and procedures that improve the effectiveness for users and meet best practice.
What you'll bring
The ideal Microsoft Services Specialist - Exchange will demonstrate seniority and overall IT experience in Windows or Microsoft Services Administration and possesses some or all of the following attributes:
Expertise in the following:
- MS Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019 Server support
- MS Exchange 2013/2016/2019 administration/engineering and support in a large (2000+ mailbox), multi-site/multi-tenancy environment
- Good knowledge of clustering components (DAG, NLB basics)
- Active Directory and their service protocols (LDAP, Kerberos, etc.)
- Microsoft core services DNS, DHCP, WINS and Windows Clusters
- SCCM administration
- Advanced PowerShell skills for automating purposes and processes
- Well known SMTP protocol and routing between mail systems (relaying)
- Very good troubleshooting skills
With good knowledge or proven experience:
- integrating services in a multi-platform environment, including Linux and Mac OS X
- Understanding of basic network engineering fundamentals, including: OSI layers, IP addressing, sub-netting, TCP/IP stack, VLANs, DHCP, etc.;
- Additional Windows Services (WSUS, RIS, ISA, IIS, EFS, DFS, CA, WDS, IIS)
- With Federations and Single Sign On (SSO) services: QaS, FreeIPA or similars.
- Working with VMware (vSphere, vCenter, ESXi) and / or OpenStack.
- Experience programming/scripting (PowerShell)
- Related education/certification
As member of a distributed team you will also contribute being/having:
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Consultative approach with supporting various teams with the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at the innovative, value-driven global company that uses cutting-edge tech
- Global work experience in agile methodology
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!)
- Attractive salary and flexible benefits package (incl. medical insurance for you and your family, life insurance, free language classes)
- Playful, accessible office in the Technology Park of Málaga with a free, private bus connection from the city centre and a range of workplace perks
- Flexible working hours and ways of working, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities every day
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle down in Spain (if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Flexibility of working from home or in the office to stay both safe and collaborative
- Team building events, Learning Labs, Hackathons, Designatons, and even Referathons!
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service