Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for insight and analysis into the performance of our Casino Gaming product suite. You will combine your domain knowledge and experience of quantitative and statistical methods to ensure that our overall product and business strategies are firmly data driven and that our Gaming leadership have everything they need to operate and improve their product offerings.
You will be a part of our Analytics team, who are responsible for driving insight into the performance of our digital gaming products. Their analytics drives all of TWS’s decision-making, informs product & feature strategies, and delivers detailed critiques of product feature performance. You will be a key member of this team, owning major deliverables and working directly with our senior leadership every day.
Working within the Gaming business unit, you will combine data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of casino game performance, from new launches through to established content and use this output to help shape future game design. This position requires limited International travel.
What You’ll Do
- Take responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of Gaming Analytics requests. This will include everything from integrating new data sources, visualizing data and presenting the output.
- Provide your own critique on product performance, and provide thoughtful recommendations on options to improve the product suite and influence the product roadmap.
- Work with our Gaming leadership to understand their major business problems, and help resolve them using data & analytics. You will own key analytics deliverables, significant analytics projects and take on the full analytics requirements of an entire business area.
- Define and measure business success, quality metrics, standards and reporting. You will use analytics best practices to review business performance and provide concrete recommendations on product features, new game launches, and market trends.
- Structure, analyze and report on performance from data extraction (SQL), to statistical analysis (R or Python) to visualization (Tableau).
- Work with Gaming leadership to define and measure the key user behavior within digital products, identify key data points and how they relate to broader product strategy.
- Assist in projects outside your core area, at times connecting to new and unexplored datasets, based on the overall needs of the organization.
What You’ll Bring
- Be a driven learner, capable of identifying your own areas of self-development and then leveraging the team’s expertise to build your analytical knowledge and skills.
- Be a patient & capable teacher & leader, able to effectively negotiate complex projects and deliver significant outcomes for senior, and potentially difficult, clients.
- Have proven experience of understanding and solving business problems.
- Be an experienced communicator, able to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Significant personal experience in gaming or gambling is preferred, however a knowledge and personal experience in making wagers is the minimum required.
- Experience in Business Intelligence, reporting & visualization tools (i.e. Tableau).
- SQL, relational database knowledge and Excel skills.
- Data manipulation and analysis skills.
- Experience with R and / or Python.
Nice to have
- Experience in multi-channel analytics, including web analytics.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech.
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package.
- Flexible working hours and ways of working.
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service.
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country).
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices.
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages).
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities.
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons.
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing.
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.