Background on The Hopper?
We're an integrated growth agency who select and nurture the best ideas, products and services that set our clients up for success, named after the legendary computer scientist Grace Hopper. We’re a diverse group of people who work as seamless extension of your team, we’ll help you elevate your business today, setting you up for success tomorrow. At our heart is the ambition to Do New Things.
Our culture and people
We’ve worked hard to create a special mix of humans that can launch and nurture the tech unicorns of tomorrow. In the spirit of Grace Hopper, our approach is about being smart, proactive and a bit left-field. We work in an agile, collaborative way and trust each other to challenge, adapt and perfect our ideas as we go. It’s an environment where ambitious, forward-thinking people can achieve great things.
And, just as we keep an open mind when it comes to the startups we work with, so we do with anyone looking to join our team. Check out our Instagram to find out more about us.
We are looking for a motivated and intellectually-curious team player to be our Junior Analyst to join our small Strategy team. The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of experience in an analytically-focused role, ideally coming from a consulting, corporate strategy, research background. The ideal candidate is intellectually-curious and resourceful problem-solver, who will support the team by utilizing data, interviews and customer insights.
This is an opportunity to have an impact by ensuring our strategic initiatives - both big and small - are deeply considered and flawlessly executed across the entire organization.
What you'll do
- Mobilise your data analytics experience to design data-driven solutions to support the evaluation, development and implementation of strategic recommendations.
- Executing analyses to test business hypotheses developed by the wider team and helping turn these into practical solutions.
- Supporting critical cross-functional strategic and operational initiatives, such as new business launches, process overhauls and evaluation of new opportunities, working with cross-functional teams across all levels of the organisation.
- Building documentation to support strategic recommendations and help communicate business wide initiatives to the organization, including supporting the creation of presentations for board meetings.
- Support group strategy requests on projects as needed.
What you'll bring
- You have experience in an analytics-focused role whether in consulting, an in-house strategy role, investment banking, private equity or a similar research role.
- You have strong analytical skills and are Excel proficient.
- You have a strong interest and passion for technology and or gaming.
- You are excited to be a consumer of information about our peer companies, competitive landscape, and customers.
- You are inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up; you're nimble and able to easily pivot without getting frustrated.
- You are a focused, organised, and results-driven individual.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for "intrapreneurship".
- You're a team player who is willing and happy to help.
- You believe in our mission and understand the importance of giving back.
- You are comfortable working in an open office environment (and remote environment, for the time being) while staying focused.
What's in it for you
- Private medical insurance.
- Pension plan.
- A range of benefits to choose from.
- Learning and training opportunities to keep skills sharp.
- Season ticket loan.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service.
The role will be based in our Central London office.