Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move ‘Fearlessly Forward’ together. Cooperative innovation is at the centre of everything we do, from our games, new products and technologies to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
What we believe
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills, and that comes from the diversity of our people.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn together, trust each other and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof) and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
This is a superb opportunity for a talented Internal Communications Manager to join our Communications & Engagement team, based in Málaga. Reporting to the Head of Communications & Engagement, this role will enjoy the flex and opportunity that a start-up model brings, while working with a diverse, talented and creative team.
We’re seeking a communications professional who will help us deliver a multi-channel strategy focussed around our business objectives, growth and culture-building goals, and day-to-day operational requirements. It is an incredibly varied role supporting a wide range of activity across the business and working with multiple stakeholders at all levels.
An energetic and enthusiastic individual, you’ll support the team on all internal and external communications and engagement initiatives across all our offices and brands. You’ll ensure the creation of engaging internal messaging and compelling content, helping us to meet our objectives of elevating and differentiating our company culture, supporting talent attraction, providing a unique employee experience and making sure that everything we produce is consistent, on-brand and fun!
A prerequisite for this position is the ability to quickly digest often complex information and define a communications approach. You’ll then need to translate this into concise, fresh and engaging content that speaks to our audiences, brings our brand to life, and helps to align and connect our employees with our purpose, vision, mission and values. Things happen quickly and to get stuff done you need to have excellent interpersonal skills, be flexible and a strong team player. You’ll need to work cross-functionally and not hesitate to take risks or try new things.
We are an ambitious, strategic, ‘big picture’ business, but also place considerable importance on attention to detail and quality. We strive for the highest levels of executional and creative output in everything we do. For this role, embracing these values will be of utmost importance for success.
What you'll do
- Support the team across all internal communications and engagement initiatives, working with colleagues to define and deliver content strategies, ensuring all activities are aligned to our roadmap and the needs of the business.
- Build strong, trusting relationships and an effective network across the organisation, as well as external agencies and suppliers.
- Support business partnering requirements for some business units or teams, meeting with multiple stakeholders, including senior leadership, to tackle project briefs, understand audiences, gather requirements and offer creative advice and solution.
- Plan, develop and deliver communication campaigns across a number of channels and in a range of media (editorial, video etc).
- Create written content, in both long and short form, that reflects our tone of voice and helps bring our brand to life, engage employees internally, as well as attract top talent.
- Undertake editing of pre-drafted content, ensuring quality, clarity and tone-of-voice consistency.
- Support efforts to further strengthen our high-performing culture based on collaboration, innovation, inclusion and diversity.
- Support the production of our bi-monthly company-wide newsletter.
- Create and manage a pipeline of content for our intranet homepage.
- Support event planning and coordination, including the annual Geek Week (including our Hackathon event) and explore ways to use employee events and employee networking activities to demonstrate the company’s culture and values.
- Help with content design and photo editing using Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite and more.
- Format copy and make changes to the website using basic coding skills.
- Review and edit content copy created by others, ensuring consistency in quality and tone of voice.
What you'll bring
- An excellent communicator with the ability to communicate at all levels both through writing and verbally
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience of working within communications, specifically internal communications
- Experience of planning & executing communications campaigns across a variety of communications channels
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write for different audiences and mediums (short and long-form) and the ability to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders
- A proven collaborative, self-starter who thrives in a positive, ideas-driven team, culture and environment
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task, manage own workload with a proven ability to oversee projects from start to finish, and prioritise work as required to meet deadlines
- Have creative, strategic and tactical thinking and execution skills, leading to consistently high-quality work with excellent attention to detail
- Have initiative, drive and be able to work independently, always reacting calmly and with good judgement in an often fast-paced environment
- Be a good networker, with the skills to interact confidently with people across the organisation and gain their trust, quickly proving yourself as a credible communications advisor
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and other copy editing or authoring tools
- Innovative and creative thinking, with the ability to generate lots of new ideas
- Positive energy, a ‘can do’ attitude and a sense of humour – we work hard, but also like to have fun!
- Experience in the Tech sector, a start-up or rapidly growing business would be a bonus
The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that are reasonably expected within the scope and grading of the position.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech.
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package.
- Hybrid working, balancing time in the office with flexibility.
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service.
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country).
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices.
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages).
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities.
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons.
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing.