Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
What we believe
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
What you'll do
Working within the Games Creation team you will be responsible for creating and validating math models for online slots and other games. You will be inspired by market leading content and pursue innovation, working in collaboration with Game Designers to deliver best in class gambling games.
This role can be based in our Reading office or our Malaga office.
- Develop maths models for gambling games that are robust and highly engaging to the player
- Use spreadsheets and simulation to create the best gaming experience possible
- Work with game designers to turn game ideas into practical maths models
- Have the opportunity to express your own game design ideas
- Provide detailed statistical analysis of ideas under review.
- Ensure all games meet necessary jurisdictional compliance requirements
- Provide statistical summaries that can be easily understood by non-mathematicians
- Provide maths implementation details for our engineering teams to follow
- Help troubleshoot the software teams maths engines
- Validate and sign off maths engines to ensure they work as intended
- Support existing math models and features
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the maths development process
- Keep up to date with industry practices and developments
What you'll bring
- A degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise in Excel spreadsheets
- Some experience as a Mathematician in online gaming and a portfolio of published games
- Knowledge and experience of a high-level programming language, C++ preferred
- Excellent English language skills, written and spoken
- Passionate about creating exciting games
- A motivated team player with outstanding problem-solving and communication skills
- Responsible. Take ownership of your projects. Manage your time across multiple active projects and deliver to agreed timescales.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing