Join our Blockchain team!
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the centre of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Our blockchain team is dedicated to the conception, design and implementation of a best-in-class software platform providing our users with the ability to work seamlessly within this new and highly technical space. We are currently seeking new colleagues across a variety of roles who are passionate about bringing this world-changing technology into mainstream use via the development of high-quality tools and services aimed at the wider commercial market.
Previous blockchain development experience, while desirable, is not required and so this is an excellent opportunity for anybody who has an interest in growing their skills and experience in this novel and fast-moving field.
What technologies will you be working with?
Our blockchain platform is built using a microservice architecture with services constructed in Java, based on Spring and Spring Boot, constructed into Docker containers and deployed on Kubernetes.
The data platform is built primarily on the Cassandra database, with ElasticSearch and PostgreSQL also featuring.
For asynchronous messaging we use RabbitMQ and our front end applications are built using Angular.
In addition, you will also be working on truly cutting-edge blockchain and cryptocurrency challenges involving areas such as transaction processing and monitoring, blockchain analytics, key security and enterprise wallet management concerns.
What else you'll be doing:
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions using agile methodologies working in a team of engineers and product owners.
- You will work closely with other specialists (Quality, Security, Product) to make our software design, delivery, and quality unbeatable.
- You will follow best practices at all aspects of software development.
- You will give and receive feedback via Code Reviews, Retrospectives and monthly 1-1s
- You will actively engage with other teams to manage dependencies and resolve impediments
- You will work with our testing mindset which involves unit, component, E2E and visual tests among others
What you’ll bring
- Proficiency in back-end and/or front-end skills (T-shape culture)
- DevOps and Infrastructure skills: knowledge about system admin and Kubernetes
- Clean code and best practices
- Good testing practices
- Understanding of Web-based applications (HTTP protocol, Web Servers, Caching, etc.)
- Data mindset
- Agile methodologies
- CI/CD approach
- Positive, collaborative and hands-on mindset along with creativity while problem-solving with others
- Passion about learning new languages and frameworks
- Good communication skill
We care about your career progression, health and wellbeing, so we offer:
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech;
- Global work experience in an agile methodology;
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!);
- Flexible working hours, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities;
- Team building events, learning labs, Hackathons/Designatons and extravagant corporate events;
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others;
- Workplace perks including gaming consoles, darts, pool, foosball, books, massages and a kitchen full of coffee, fruit and even ice-cream.