Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Delivering outstanding player experiences and tools within the Payments space for our valued customers is at the heart of what we do. We currently have a mature white-label gaming platform with extensive Payment capabilities that is ready to take its next innovative step with a strong product leader at the helm.
Working for our clients and alongside your colleagues in product management (Sport, Games, Data, FinTech) and design, you’ll have a shared accountability with the leaders in our clients’ businesses for defining and delivering the vision, strategy and roadmap for the player experience across cashier, innovative payments solutions, fraud prevention and account security to ensure a healthy and robust payments ecosystem.
You will be working alongside a high performing, experienced Engineering team operating in an Agile solution delivery environment.
We don’t stand on ceremony, so this role is fully hands on, sleeves rolled up and deep in the guts of both thinking and doing, as well as leading. You’ll thrive on change and challenge, and you’ll be someone who simply obsesses over the player experience, who understands the importance of player engagement and the pivotal moments in the financial lifecycle. You’ll be working with clients who have strong opinions on their players’ needs, so pragmatism, professionalism, persuasiveness and positivity are a given, as well as excellent consultancy skills. The team moves at pace, so there’s never a dull moment and you need to be comfortable with ambiguity and continuous change – this isn’t a role for the faint-hearted nor the 12 month roadmap planners !
Finally, we take our values seriously, so we are looking for someone who’s a self aware servant leader, with a passion for the development of their people and for operating in an open, transparent and respectful organisation.
What you'll do
- Obsessive over our clients and their players: you will build trusted, transparent and consultative relationships with our clients, understanding deeply their needs and respectfully collaborating over priority feature requests. You will work with them to identify new opportunities, support their needs to manage a portfolio of websites.
- Set vision: you will work with our clients and your colleagues to build the product vision for the payments space and create an aligned, committed roadmap which reflects our clients’ commercial needs and the most effective and impactful use of data and technology.
- Build together: you will define, investigate, research, scope and empower your team and your Engineering colleagues to deliver a roadmap which balances exciting, strategic feature development and HISI (high impact small items) with pragmatic, long term, technical and operational scale, security and scalability.
- Develop the best talent: this role will lead a small team with your objective being to educate, evangelise and advocate for the customer needs across the Product Delivery lifecycle.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years’ experience in Product Management ideally having experience within the Payments/financial sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to large groups and senior leadership.
- Strong customer obsession: you enjoy obsessing over getting the customer experience right and continuously improving it.
- You earn trust with your direct team and stakeholders: you listen, you are inclusive, you treat others with respect, and you are willing to be vocally self-critical.
- You value coaching your team and developing leaders. You have a demonstrated track record of developing strong talent across not only your team but the whole business
- You are a passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas.
- You’re data driven - you lean on data to make decisions and drive insights via user feedback, competitive research, industry best practices and digital product analysis. When you don’t have data, you use client and customer anecdotes and research to gain insights.
- You are a builder - you like to invent on behalf of customers, and you are comfortable working with ambiguity
- Some international travel may be required
The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that are reasonably expected within the scope and grading of the post.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.