Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
The Procurement team is responsible for the end-to-end purchasing lifecycle. The team supports the organization and its customers for its commercial and buying needs across a variety of different functions, departments and locations worldwide. This includes sourcing strategies, managing the procurement stages for goods and services, contract negotiation and supply chain management that span multiple office locations.
You will be the first point of contact for the business, providing guidance as required. You will work closely with Legal, Finance and business stakeholders to provide support and advice.
To be successful in your role, you will need an excellent understanding and experience of complex contracts in multiple geographies, appreciation of outsourcing, IT and Data Centre engagements, desire to learn and remain current in your knowledge, excellent organizational and communication skills, great attention to detail and the ability to balance competing priorities.
What you'll do
- Be the point of contact for customer and internal queries, and readily resolve these to enhance customer satisfaction and internal compliance.
- Develop and maintain expertise in Outsourcing, Professional Services and IT/ Data Centre solutions
- Provide specialist Procurement knowledge during any focus meetings and advise on appropriate solutions and commercials
- Understand the organisation’s requirements and proactively support the function throughout the agreements’ lifecycle
- Support new business opportunities, and help build and qualify opportunity pipeline
- Advise on IT purchases and management, specifically on Tier 1 vendors, considering organisation’s current agreements, purchases and needs.
- Proactively keeping up to date with changes to the organisation’s key vendors’ products, services, licensing models and contract types to ensure knowledge is up to date at all times.
- Maintain product/solutions expertise of market trends in aligned technologies, including detailed understanding of competition.
- Agreeing the best possible commercial and contractual terms for the business and its stakeholders
- Providing highly professional and valued service in line with organizational policies and procurement best practices.
- Coordinating, execution and close out of contracts and services agreements across multiple corporate entities and locations
- Playing an active role in the team, remaining flexible, to cover and support the procurement team in busy periods and absence across the team.
- Maintaining and maximizing current relationships with suppliers
- Analysing costs and recommending improvements and opportunities for efficiencies
- Negotiating prices and setting up accounts and contracts
- Compiling, reviewing and editing contracts, tender and service agreement documents
- Ensure that the administration of all purchasing and accounting requests are handled with exemplary attention to detail and within pre-defined timeframes
What you'll bring
You will need to have:
- Experience of complex purchasing and contract management across all categories, with particular focus on IT and Professional services.
- Knowledge of how IT works, particularly in a Data Centre setting and Tier 1 vendor licensing products, solutions, services and licensing models.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience related to Procurement.
- Deep understanding of Tier 1 vendor’s products, contracting options, agreement structure, advantages and limitations.
- Proven track record of ability to communicate and work effectively with suppliers and internal business stakeholders
- Comprehensive understanding and proven track record in delivering all aspects of the commercial procurement and purchasing lifecycle
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities, and effectively make judgments in prioritizing and time allocation in a high-pressure environment
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a multi-office environment and willingness to travel to other offices overseas as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrate professionalism and maturity when working with internal business functions, peers, senior management, and vendors
- 5+ years of experience working in the Procurement domain (or equivalent technical role)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related to knowledge in contracts and services agreements an asset
- Experience with working in complex multi-country companies is an advantage
- Experience with JIRA or MS Dynamics is considered an asset
- Knowledge of IT in a procurement context
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.