Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Sportsbook team and provide insight and analysis for our Sports products. In this role, you will combine your expertise in quantitative and statistical methods with your knowledge of sports to ensure our overall product and business strategies are firmly data driven. You will merge data from sports feeds, wagers, web, and customer sources to provide a comprehensive view of our Sportsbook product performance for internal stakeholders and customers. Your deliverables will include analysis, insights, and recommendations on product performance, impact of new releases, and monitoring of sports feed performance.
You will be a part of our Analytics team, who are responsible for driving insight into the performance of our digital gaming products. Their analytics drives all of TWS’s decision-making, informs product & feature strategies, and delivers detailed critiques of product feature performance. You will be responsible for major analytics and reporting deliverables and will work closely with senior Sports and Analytics leadership. This position may require limited international travel.
What you'll do
- Take ownership of the end-to-end delivery of Sports Analytics requests, including introducing and instilling data best practice, integrating new data sources, visualizing data and presenting outputs.
- Actively provide feedback on product performance/functionality and make thoughtful recommendations on ways to improve Sports products and influence the roadmap.
- Collaborate with Sports leadership to clearly understand their major business problems and help resolve them using data & analytics.
- Develop and implement new KPIs for monitoring business & feature success.
- Contribute to requirements for data architecture to create a robust and long term data solution based on the reporting needs.
- Use data queries (SQL), statistical analysis (Python) and visualization (Tableau) to structure, analyze and report on performance.
- Participate in projects outside the core area, connecting to new and unexplored datasets, based on the overall needs of the organization.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Have experience/keen interest in Sports & Sports betting.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis, data mining, and predictive modeling.
- Be a driven learner, capable of identifying your own areas of self-development and then leveraging the team’s expertise to build your analytical knowledge and skills.
- Have proven experience of understanding and solving business problems.
- Be an experienced communicator, able to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Proficient in Tableau, Power BI or other data visualization tools.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Data manipulation and analysis skills.
- Experience with Python.
Nice to have
- Experience in multi-channel analytics, connecting to a variety of data sources with different data quality availability.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech.
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package.
- Flexible working hours and ways of working.
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service.
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country).
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices.
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages).
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities.
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons.
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing.