Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced Business Operations Manager to join the Operations team in our Gaming division, which creates and supplies online casino content to operators across a diverse range of global markets via three commercial brands.
Reporting into the Head of Operations (Gaming), you will be tasked with the implementation of the operations engagement model and to lead the team to the next levels of the operations maturity framework.
This role is strategic, innovative and forward thinking but you must also be prepared to get your hands dirty. You will champion the two-fold team mission of ensuring operational readiness and business continuity for the gaming division across the business' various teams and workstreams.
What you'll do
- Own the operations gateway where the Operations team functions as the interface between teams in the Gaming division and central shared services, which provide enterprise-wide support.
- Conduct continuous assessments of the current state (where are we now?), recommending and taking appropriate actions required to upgrade the Operations team to the next level of maturity. You will require a relentless focus on 'value add' to ensure all relevant teams understand and realise the benefit of the Operations team.
- Have an end to end oversight and understanding of various touchpoints between Operations and other teams inside and outside of the host Gaming division so that expectations and exceptions are set and met between ourselves and other teams.
- Map out expectations, exceptions, efficiency trackers, and evidence based KPIs to measure effectiveness of the ways of working with other teams.
- Lead on process improvements, efficiency tracking, Operational KPI setting and monitoring.
- Take deep dives into financial data working closely with the Finance and Procurement teams, ensuring the Opex is optimal and the business is realising 'value for money'.
- Facilitate an efficient and effective revenue realisation process across internal and external stakeholders.
- Own the business risk register on behalf of the Gaming division so that risks are managed and mitigated to ensure operational readiness and business continuity at all times.
- Work closely with the Legal and Compliance teams to ensure the business can operate effectively to realise its commercial aspirations, whilst also maintaining any jurisdictional or regulatory requirements.
- Work with the MSP division to ensure the Gaming team meets enterprise IT security standards and achieves optimal standardisation across its various tools and software licensing.
- Work closely with the PMO team to ensure all relevant Operations projects and initiative are appropriately planned, resourced, managed and reported on at portfolio view.
- Prepare and share business operations reports to keep relevant stakeholders informed with the goal of increasing our visibility among various teams and management, which in turn will validate our contribution as the Operations team within the Gaming division.
- Be responsible for managing the Operations team documentation and knowledge centre in relevant digital spaces.
- Be a champion for the Operations team, promoting its capability internally and externally, whilst always working towards continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations (Gaming) to define individual and team OKRs as well as professional learning and development goals.
What you'll bring
- Previous experience as a Business Operations Manager, or in a similar role.
- Strategic and critical thinking with high energy and drive to deliver successful business outcomes; you must be comfortable challenging the status quo as well as being challenged yourself.
- Excellent team player who is hard working and resilient with a willingness to learn and adapt to a changing environment.
- A good networker, with the skills to interact confidently with people across the organisation and gain their trust.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous or unclear scenarios with a problem-solving mindset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to deliver succinct and on-point messages to your colleagues at all levels across the business.
- Work experience in gaming/gambling industry is a big plus.
- Any Project Management or Business Analysis certification is a plus.
- Academic qualification in Business Management, Operations Management or relevant field, Masters/MBA is preferred.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.