The Workshop is currently looking for a Big Data Software Engineer to join our dynamic team in Malaga. The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of fast-moving and large volume data in multi-tiered data and analytics platforms.
The role involves the design, development, implementation, and support of a cutting-edge real-time data platform, which includes including data streaming, a data lake, and a blazing fast analytics database. We are looking for someone who is passionate, motivated, driven, and up for the challenge.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and support the real-time data platform and pipelines
- Conceptualize, evaluate and build a proof of concepts on new models, tools, and techniques.
- Collaborate, peer review, cross skill, and share expertise with other team members.
- Performance tuning of the system and work on new ways to increase efficiency.
What you'll bring
- Experience working with high velocity and high volume data, including good experience in handling relational, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
- Relevant knowledge of database design and development with previous experience in developing ETL processes, and multidimensional data models.
- High understanding of both relational and multidimensional modeling principles.
- Solid knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming languages and must have a strong experience in Java, with Scala knowledge as nice to have.
- Good experience with SQL queries and database tuning.
- Problem-solving skills, willingness to take ownership and risks, and enthusiasm in the face of technical knowledge.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience on data quality standards and contribution on defining and monitoring data quality metrics and KPIs is a plus.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Expertise with Kafka, Kafka Connect and knowledge of RabbitMQ.
- Relevant experience with data process technologies like Apache (Spark/Flink/Beam), Oracle ODI, and Confluent’s Platform.
- Knowledge of Hadoop Cluster Architecture and hands-on experience within Cloudera Hadoop ecosystems.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Exasol is a plus
- Knowledge of any one of the scripting languages, such as Python, Shell Scripting, or PERL is welcome
We care about your career progression, health and wellbeing, so we offer:
- We will be happy to see you in the office and offer a relocation package for you and your family, including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable if you are moving from a different city/country to Malaga, Spain)
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment. We are made up of over 35 nationalities and speak almost 30 languages.
- An attractive salary and customisable benefits package. Wellbeing programmes, a self-managed learning budget and personal growth opportunities.
- A range of events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons. Plenty of opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company through mentoring and knowledge sharing. Private health insurance and life insurance from day one.
- The opportunity to take up to three paid volunteering days each year.
- A period of up to four (4) weeks per calendar year, during which you may work remotely from a location other than your local office or home.
- A sabbatical program, which offers the opportunity to take one period of six weeks (30 working days) paid leave every for 4 years of service at The Workshop.
When you plan to work from the office, you can expect:
- A contemporary and accessible environment with a range of workplace perks, including a parking spot.
- Free breakfasts, snacks and drinks.
- Thirsty Thursday – afterwork!