Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Within The Workshop, MSP is a highly private, managed services and data centre hosting facility. We offer an array of different products and services including cloud, co-location, managed security and many other ‘as a’ services. Our business is made up of diverse, highly skilled people who enable our customers and their businesses by matching the right solutions to their technology needs.
In addition, the IT Services Group is at the heart of the value chain for MSP. Our team which consists of Product, Core Engineering, IT Services, Support and Architecture are a tight knit operating unit where excellence is the standard.
Working with the Head of Architecture at ITSG and the other Architects in the team you will define Architecture Strategy, Architecture Roadmaps and Architecture Designs for MSP IT Platforms and Services. You will focus on and be responsible for domains in your experience, for example, Cloud, Networks, Compute and Storage, Operations Automation and Orchestration, Database and File Systems, etc.
The successful IT Architect will be passionate about delivering IT Platforms and Services that will support the growth ambitions of MSP and the needs of MSP customers. You will need to bring the experience and collaborative mindset to be able to work with all functions across MSP to ensure the IT Platforms and Services are “Designed to be Secure”, “Designed to Run” and “Designed to support Customer Products”.
What you'll do
- Define the IT Architecture for the IT Platforms and Service in your Architecture Specialism
- Support the Head of Architecture and the other Architects in the team to define the Architecture Strategy and Architecture Roadmaps for MSP
- Liaise with business units, Product Management, Product Development, IT Services and Cyber Security to define the IT architecture required to support new products, applications and services
- Support root cause analysis and resolution of incidents and problems with technology in your Architecture Domain and in collaboration with other architects of other domains
- Ensure that all Architecture Design in your domain is “Designed to be Secure” by working closely with Cyber Security to embed policies, standards and requirements into the design
- Ensure that all Architecture Design in your domain is “Designed to Run” by working closely with IT Services to align the design with Service Management and Operations service levels, policies, processes and standards
- Provide Architecture Guidance to all other functions in MSP and customers when required
- Support the Head of Architecture and the other Architects in the team to ensure that all changes to Information Technology in MSP are controlled by Architecture Governance
- Adopt and implement the MSP Architecture Framework, Standards and Guidelines in your Architecture Practice
- Be a leader in your Architecture Domain
What you'll bring
- Passion for Design and determination to learn how to be a world class IT Architect
- Deep Engineering or Business Analysis experience
- Demonstrable experience of innovation
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to seek out options and provide reasoned arguments for delivering customer and business requirements
- Ability to translate complex problems into understandable language without oversimplifying the complex
- Good response under pressure and ability to quickly react to changes and to adapt strategies and priorities accordingly.
- Extensive team work experience and ability to effectively engage and motivate other Inventors towards a common goal.
- A great passion for technology that compels you to always keep an eye on new technologies, platforms, techniques, languages and innovation in general.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing