Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Security Architect will join the Engineering Security team to lead the design & development of security architectures, policies, procedures, methods and tools in the TWS environments. The Security Architect will work with Engineering delivery and Product teams to continuously improve the security posture of TWS services and platforms.
The Security Architect role acts as the ambassador and senior technical representative for Engineering Security while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout organisation in design and implementation of cloud and hybrid-based implementations and solutions. He serves as the central point of contact for other Engineering teams for all matters related to cloud and application security reporting into the Head of Engineering Security.
The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with other leaders across the business to identify opportunities and risks and develop and deliver solutions that support business strategies and protect TWS intellectual property and assets.
What you'll do
- Perform risk assessment of proposed and existing system architecture for compliance with security best practices
- Develop security guidelines and compliance requirements for TWS multi-tenant systems
- Design and develop cloud security architectures and perform architecture security reviews
- Design and develop frameworks and solutions to secure CI/CD pipelines
- Implement, maintain and improve existing best practices of operational security controls such as: Monitoring, Identity and access management, Encryption and data security, Secrets Management and Auditing
- Prepare and deliver training and security awareness activities to the Engineering teams
- Practical experience with Threat Modeling methodologies and their application
- Develops and executes strategies to increase Cloud & Application Security knowledge throughout the organisation.
What you'll bring
- Experience architecting solutions within Kubernetes and Docker
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc).
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Technical writing experience
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.