Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Within The Workshop, MSP is a highly private, managed services and data centre hosting facility. We offer an array of different products and services including cloud, co-location, managed security and many other ‘as a’ services. Our business is made up of diverse, highly skilled people who enable our customers and their businesses by matching the right solutions to their technology needs.
In addition, The IT Services Group is at the heart of the value chain for MSP. Our team which consists of Product, Core Engineering, IT Services, Support and Architecture are a tight knit operating unit where excellence is the standard.
As IT Manager, you will lead an expert team of IT Services specialists that are responsible for supporting and maintaining 24x7 mission critical systems, applications and services.
Alongside your peers, you will use your experience and expertise to jointly lead the IT teams and further develop and build their capabilities through coaching and mentoring. You will also be responsible for ensuring the tracked progress and completion of technical initiatives.
You will work closely with some of the brightest IT professionals in the industry using only the latest and best in class tools and platforms. With peers and clients locally and around the world, you will support leading edge services for 1000+ users, focused on ensuring high availability and performance. To deliver new services, you will work with senior stakeholders and project managers to help drive projects and initiatives to completion
What you'll do
- Produce a clear vision and strategies to the Infrastructure and Platform teams (Linux, Network, Security, Storage, Virtualisation), improving and encouraging collaboration between departments.
- Work closely with peers to ensure team alignment and proactively contribute to the strategic planning and direction of the group.
- Ensure the ongoing recruitment and development of staff within the team providing on-the-job and regular formal coaching to direct reports, with the aim of encouraging continuous improvement and development.
- Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day technical support activities, including troubleshooting, customer service issues, approvals, and installations.
- Drive continuous performance improvements: proactively identify and implement process & procedures that improve the effectiveness of the team and all relevant applications and systems supported.
- Play a key role in the design and implementation of all managed technical solutions.
- Identify areas of future growth, collaborate with other parties to assess the validity, plan and implement the accepted solutions.
- Manage IT operations and implement quality standards to ensure that IT services/performance are monitored and measured to meet the highest levels of quality and performance.
- Ensure a detailed set of documentation related to all services within scope is both developed and maintained.
- Oversee management of equipment, parts inventory and vendor support and maintenance renewals (e.g. Cisco, VMWare, NetApp etc.).
- Act as a key point of escalation for any related issues that may arise and work with vendors where required.
- Support and drive projects, working with appropriate stakeholders and team, offering assistance and recommendations where required.
- Tracking and resolving issues, risks and dependencies across projects and programs.
- Project status reporting, resource management and staffing needs
What you'll bring
The ideal Infrastructure and Platform Manager will possess some or all of the following attributes
- Highly experienced within the IT services sector leading teams of ICT technical staff or similar management roles.
- Experience supporting 24x7 infrastructure and web based applications in large enterprises.
- Experience with infrastructure and application projects and an awareness of project management approaches and methodologies.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours when needed including international travel to global office locations.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor results against established quality standards, to interpret. information and implement processes and systems to ensure services delivered.
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet deadlines and manage related risks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Ability to analyse, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes.
- Ability to solve problems and take prompt decisive action.
- Ability to delegate and maintain an overall view of multiple activities and how they may inter-relate.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Extremely organised with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in building effective professional relationships and maintain contacts with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience of contributing to the development of an effective team including mentoring, coaching and advising team members.
- Proven experience of working with globally distributed teams and stakeholders.
- Ability and willingness to contribute as part of a Leadership Team.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Related education/certification.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at the innovative, value-driven global company that uses cutting-edge tech.
- Global work experience in agile methodology.
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!).
- Attractive salary and flexible benefits package (incl. medical insurance for you and your family, life insurance, free language classes).
- Playful, accessible office in the Technology Park of Málaga with a free, private bus connection from the city centre and a range of workplace perks.
- Flexible working hours and ways of working, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities every day.
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle down in Spain (if you are moving from a different city/country).
- Flexibility of working from home or in the office to stay both safe and collaborative.
- Team building events, Learning Labs, Hackathons, Designatons, and even Referathons!
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service.