Desktop Support Specialist
We usually respond within three days
Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Within The Workshop the IT Services Group is at the heart of the value chain for Infrastructure division. Our teams are a tight knit operating unit where excellence is the standard.
The Desktop Support team enhance the productivity of our users by empowering them through making Information Technology resources readily available and accessible. Also providing an informative and supportive first point of contact, and to assist all our customers in making the best use of technology in their different roles.
What you'll do
- Provide computer systems troubleshooting and support to corporate user base of approx. 400 users across multiple offices: Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Provide timely and consistent support, acknowledging and recording all issues and requests.
- Handle network and desktop setup for New Employees/Visitors and office moves.
- Handle Telephony / video conferencing services (Desk, soft phones and mobile) issues for current and new users.
- Remote manage users equipment (laptops, mobiles, etc.) ensuring machines have the latest security patches and comply with company policies.
- Manage hardware inventory and purchasing requests.
- Manage printers queues systems.
- Create documentation for corporate policies and processes.
- Share knowledge of company corporate tools with the users to ease their day to day work.
- Support backup and restore policy of users equipment.
- Optimize and automate repetitive tasks.
- Work on project roll-outs and report their progress.
What you'll bring
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience in a Desktop support\Technical Support role.
- Understanding of networking concepts: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills on desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers,fax machines, scanners, copiers and audio/visual equipment (cisco/webex)
- Proven experience administering: Microsoft Windows 7/8/10, Microsoft Office 2007-2016, MacOS and Linux.
- Strong skills managing Active Directory (Users, contacts, permissions, groups...)
- Experience with management systems SCCM/MDT and MDM (XenMobile, Airwatch, MobileIron)
- Security Services - Trend Micro/EPO/WSUS/Secunia/VPN
- Experience with Dell/Lenovo/HP/Apple hardware
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- A strong sense of responsibility and initiative and an ability to complete tasks accurately.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Expected to be familiar with all corporate processes and policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high interpersonal skills and customer orientation.
- Work on a rota basis.
- Some physical lifting required and office presence on a daily basis is requered.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
- MSP - ITS
Life at The Workshop
We’re lucky enough to have a home in some of the world’s best tech hubs – Málaga, London, Reading and Auckland. Our Inventors represent 40 different nationalities and speak almost 30 languages. Check out our current vacancies above, but don’t worry if there’s nothing available – we’d love to hear from you anyway.
Desktop Support Specialist
Loading application form
Already working at The Workshop?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.