HR Business Partner (Maternity Leave Cover)
We usually respond within three days
Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
*This position is for a maternity leave cover with an overall duration of 9-12 months*
Your primary task as Strategic HR Business Partner is defining and delivering against the Business Unit People Strategy. They will also be responsible for partnering with BU Leadership on workforce design, organizational health and succession planning strategy.
You will be the primary point of contact for the leaders of the business division, which is distributed among various locations across the UK, Spain and other countries.
With the IT Infrastructure division as full project scope, you will coordinate the People deliverables with Business Unit Leaders in all locations and will roll out division specific People programs.
With a strong business acumen, you will monitor data analytics from headcount, Talent Acquisition and engagement insights to drive strategic business outcomes.
As a Senior member of the IT Infrastructure Leadership team, the Strategic HR Business Partner will work with the Business to create strategies that promote employee engagement, development and retention. Proactively anticipate opportunities and risks, and counsel and influence the Leadership team as a trusted strategic advisor in the achievement of the corporate objectives.
What you'll do
- Partner with IT Infrastructure Leadership team, and with People Managers and People Specialists to anticipate and solve organizational and change related initiatives
- Liaising with the People Managers in every location with IT Infrastructure headcount
- Ensuring the culture, values and identity of the business unit is maintained over multiple teams in various locations
- Quarterback for all HR related business requirements for the Business Unit
- Keep the pulse in the standards of excellence in different locations, continuous improvement, and data analysis
- Anticipate and escalate resourcing issues. Flag the need for additional Talent Acquisition effort and resources
- Monitor the progress of Talent Acquisition objectives; Partner with TA teams and hiring managers in different regions in identifying challenges, blockers, and proposing solutions
- Report the HR activity of the Business Unit: headcount, attrition, engagement and evaluate KPIs
- Supporting leadership in the analysis and approval process of the annual compensation review.
- Customization of group programs to the specifics of the Business Unit: on-boarding, in-boarding, employee recognition, etc.
- Identifying opportunities of transversal career, relocation and secondment
- Forecast of headcount spent. Budgeting
- Analysis of the feedback from the employee engagement survey tools, and other indicators of the employee engagement. Identification of challenges and opportunities.
- Proposal of initiatives to boost engagement
- Role model in diversity, inclusion and belonging; and acts as a cultural compass for DIB
- Responsible for coordination of the annual calibration process of the Business Unit
- Pulse on employee performance. Support the design and delivery of performance improvement plans
- Pulse on talent assessments to identify high potential, and opportunities for development. Oversee the IDP, fast track, and mentoring programs
- Identifying learning needs and liaise with the L&OD specialists and with technical managers
- Facilitate team dynamics, workshops and training programs
- Set the tone in internal communication to the Business Unit, sponsor and participate of initiatives such as employee Huddles, blogs, etc.
- Oversee relocations
What you'll bring
- Experience in Human Resources (5+ years) in Fintech or the Gaming industry, preferably in an HR Manager or People Partner position
- Experience supporting distributed teams in multiple locations: UK, Europe and others
- Exceptional collaboration skills
- Strong communication skills; Capacity to inspire and influence HR peers and Senior Business Leaders
- Professional proficiency in English
- Graduate level degree required. Subjects such as Human Resources, Organizational leadership or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated ability in change management, mass growth, Organizational restructure
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
- TechCo Ops - People
Life at The Workshop
We’re lucky enough to have a home in some of the world’s best tech hubs – Málaga, London, Reading and Auckland. Our Inventors represent 40 different nationalities and speak almost 30 languages. Check out our current vacancies above, but don’t worry if there’s nothing available – we’d love to hear from you anyway.
HR Business Partner (Maternity Leave Cover)
Loading application form
Already working at The Workshop?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.