Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Within The Workshop, MSP is a highly private, managed services and data centre hosting facility. We offer an array of different products and services including cloud, co-location, corporate services and many other ‘as a’ services. Our business comprises a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who empower our customers and their organizations by tailoring the most suitable solutions to their technology requirements.
The IT Services Group is the core of MSP's value chain. Composed of the Engineering and Services & Operations teams, we function as a close-knit, high-performing unit that consistently strives for excellence.
Architecture is at the very foundation of what we do. Our customers expect that their solutions are built and delivered to the highest levels which begins with solid architecture. This includes transforming customers’ legacy platforms that can no longer keep up with modern business demands.
A successful candidate for this position is a passionate Cyber Security Architect who will complement and lead our Architecture function in evolving our Cyber Security capability. They will provide valuable services in the protection and mitigation of both our business colleagues and customers, complementing our team with the necessary skills and knowledge to keep our clients' data and systems secure.
The Cyber Security Architect will collaborate closely with the ITSG - Architecture - Head of Archecture, the MSP Architecture teams, MSP GRC function and other TechCo group capabilities to ensure that architecture work remains closely aligned to divisional and organizational priorities, delivering the most impactful solutions for our clients.
What you'll do
- Analyse business requirements and develop technical solutions that meet business needs.
- Develop architectural blueprints and roadmaps that align with the organization's technology strategy, particularly around cybersecurity products and services.
- Lead the design and implementation of proportionate Cyber Security solutions including hardware, software, and applications.
- Support the Head of Architecture and the other architects in the team to ensure that all changes to Information Technology in MSP are controlled by Architecture Governance
- Define the Cyber Security Architecture for the products and services in our group portfolio, identifying any security design gaps and recommending changes or improvements to ensure that our solutions are "designed to be secure" from the outset.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, including architectural diagrams, solution design documents, and operational procedures.
- Collaborate with procurement teams to develop and maintain accurate Bill of Materials (BoMs) for IT projects, including hardware, software, and licensing components.
- Provide Architecture Guidance to all other Architecture functions within TechCo to provide first-class solutions for the group.
- Defining and developing the organization's IT strategy and designing technical solutions that align with the organization's business requirements and technology vision.
- Contributing to the Security Governance function through membership of Design Authority forums.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and threats, recommending new solutions and tools that could improve IT performance and efficiency.
- Demonstrate a good response under pressure and ability to quickly react to changes and to adapt strategies and priorities accordingly and pragmatically.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent professional accreditations/experience in the Cyber Security domain.
- Possess a broad set of technical skills across multiple IT areas (such as infrastructure, software development, database administration, security, etc.).
- At least 5+ years of experience in compute, storage architecture and design, with a strong focus on Security solutions and services.
- Ability to identify security risks and vulnerabilities associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects is essential for this role.
- The ability to be the security authority who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background
- Collaborate on security policies, standards and processes.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders across the organization.
- A great passion for technology that compels you to always keep an eye on new technologies, platforms, techniques, languages and innovation in general and inspires others.
- Experience in using architecture frameworks to design, develop, and implement IT solutions is considered a plus for this position.
- Experience in designing both cloud and on-premise services and products that meet controls set out in industry standards such as the NIST CSF and CIS security controls and benchmarks, as well as data protection regulations such as GDPR.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation Package for you and for your family, including soft-landing package services to help you settle in Malaga (applicable in Spain if you're moving from a different country/city to Malaga)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing