Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
As a Security Architect, you will serve as a crucial bridge between our leadership team and the security function, seamlessly translating business objectives into tangible security strategies and solutions. Your expertise will be instrumental in aligning security initiatives with the organisation’s overall goals, ensuring that our systems and apps are robust, resilient, and safeguarded against evolving cyber threats.
What you'll do
As a Security Architect with expertise in software development and enterprise security, you will play a pivotal role in designing, implementing, and maintaining our organisation's cyber security infrastructure. You will be responsible for:
- Defining and implementing the overall security strategy for the organization in close cooperation with the security leadership.
- Understanding and translating business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements for cyber security projects. This involves working closely with business stakeholders to understand their needs and translating them into technical specifications that can be implemented by the Security Engineering team.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining secure systems and solutions that protect the organisation's data, networks, and applications from security threats. This includes a deep understanding of security principles, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Promoting and establishing a security-first culture
- Developing and maintaining cyber security policies and procedures to ensure that the organisation is compliant with security policies and standards. This involves staying up-to-date on the latest security threats and trends.
- Conducting security assessments and threat modelling to identify and remediate vulnerabilities in the organisation’s systems. This involves using techniques such as STRIDE to identify threats in the design stage and lead security assessments to test the effectiveness of the organisation's security controls.
- Assist SecOps and Security Engineering in responding to security incidents to minimise the impact on the organisation. This involves proactive prevention of attacks, as well as conducting post-mortem analysis to learn from the experience.
What you'll bring
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a strong technical background in cybersecurity, software development, and enterprise architecture. You will also need to have excellent communication, technical leadership and collaboration skills to work effectively with both business and technical teams.
If you possess knowledge or have had exposure in any of the following areas, we want to hear from you!
- Threat Modelling: Review of existing solutions or new designs to determine potential threats and risks, and provide security guidance on findings.
- Security Assessments: Conducting compliance audits under a popular security framework (NIST, CIS, PCI, ISO, etc.)
- Security Requirements: Translating Business Requirements into technical requirements, following and applying best (security) practices.
- Solution Design: Planning and creating solution deployment guides using architectural principles.
- Technical Lead in Project Delivery: Acting as a primary contributor to project planning and strategy, as well as guiding and overseeing technical activities.
- Experience with software development methodologies and secure SDLC (Secure Software Development Lifecycle).
- Must be up-to-date on the latest cybersecurity threats and trends and be able to provide technical leadership on projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation Package for you and for your family, including soft-landing package services to help you settle in Malaga (applicable in Spain if you're moving from a different country/city to Malaga)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing