Head of Marketing
We usually respond within three days
Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced Head of Marketing to join our Gaming division, which creates and supplies online casino content to operators across a diverse range of global markets via three commercial brands.
Reporting into the Gaming COO you will be tasked with designing and delivering an innovative marketing strategy which cuts through and disrupts the incumbent market leaders.
You will lead all aspects of the marketing strategy so it’s imperative that you have extensive experience working in senior marketing roles inside the online gambling arena. You will be expected to build and lead a high-performance team that supports our commercial objectives and delivers against aggressive growth targets.
This role is strategic, innovative and forward thinking but you must also be prepared to get your hands dirty. You will be expected to lead by example and develop the marketing team capability, whilst being passionate about our brands, products and clients.
What you will do
- Develop and implement a holistic marketing vision and strategy for the Gaming division as well as local strategies for its three B2B game studio brands, relevant to their target markets.
- Optimise and complete hiring of the target Marketing organisational structure.
- Work closely with the COO to plan an agreed Marketing budget aligned to key tactics and targets, and subsequently with the Finance Business partner to ensure budget and forecasts stay on track.
- Own each of our B2B game studio brand strategies ensuring you work closely with the Group’s internal Brand and Marketing agency to develop each.
- Deliver a relevant performance marketing strategy across Paid, Search, Social and Affiliate, that supports business growth and has a relentless focus on ROI.
- Design and oversee the PR, communication and merchandise strategy working with your Content and Social teams, external agencies and industry press, to increase brand and product awareness.
- Lead your Affiliate management team to develop and implement an affiliate and streamer strategy that turbo charges product launches and drives player traffic into our games.
- Oversee the client promotions strategy working closely with your Campaign Manager and the Commercial team. Ensure all campaigns drive enhanced product placement with the aim to increase client/player loyalty and value, whilst also realising demonstrable cost benefit.
- Establish and monitor Marketing KPIs working closely with your Marketing team, and the BI and Commercial teams to analyse the performance of all marketing campaigns, providing the necessary data analysis, insight and reporting structure required to inform the business.
- Work closely with the Commercial team to create and execute plans for events and exhibitions which build brand and product awareness, ultimately enabling business development. Occasional international travel to key industry events and conferences will be required.
- Work with relevant internal teams and external partners to develop and improve the B2B game studio websites, campaign tooling and landing page frameworks.
- Accountability for all content on the B2B game studio websites, ensuring they are kept up to date with our brands’ latest news, product releases and USPs.
- Establish and maintain a relevant and informative cadence of stakeholder meetings and reporting.
- Establish and evolve strong working relationships with key dependent teams such as, Legal, Procurement, Commercial, Operations, Design, Product, Engineering and PMO.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the online gaming market, including products, operator landscape, competitors, promotions, regulation and any relevant marketing trends.
- Be a champion for the Gaming Marketing team, promoting its capability internally and externally, whilst always working towards continuous improvement.
- Work closely with your line manager to define individual and team OKRs as well as professional learning and development goals.
What you will do
- A proven background in a senior marketing role, managing high-performance, multi discipline teams.
- A track record of running successful and disruptive campaigns for challenger brands.
- Strong focus on cost benefit/ROI, managing budgets and hitting growth targets.
- A strategic and critical thinker with high energy and drive to deliver successful business outcomes; you must be comfortable challenging the status quo as well as being challenged yourself.
- Creative flair with an ability to invent and develop original ideas that push the boundaries.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to deliver succinct and on-point messages to your colleagues at all levels across the business.
- Excellent team player who is hard working and resilient with a willingness to learn and adapt to a changing environment.
- A good networker, with the skills to interact confidently with people across the organisation and gain their trust.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
- Gaming - Operations
Life at The Workshop
We’re lucky enough to have a home in some of the world’s best tech hubs – Málaga, London, Reading and Auckland. Our Inventors represent 40 different nationalities and speak almost 30 languages. Check out our current vacancies above, but don’t worry if there’s nothing available – we’d love to hear from you anyway.
Head of Marketing
Loading application form
Already working at The Workshop?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.