Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Within The Workshop, MSP is a highly private, managed services and data centre hosting facility. We offer an array of different products and services including cloud, co-location, corporate services and many other ‘as a’ services. Our business comprises a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who empower our customers and their organizations by tailoring the most suitable solutions to their technology requirements.
The IT Services Group serves as the core of MSP's value chain. Composed of the Engineering and Services & Operations teams, we function as a close-knit, high-performing unit that consistently strives for excellence.
The Head of Architecture is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Architecture function, as well as managing both the Architecture and Principal Engineer teams.. They hold the responsibility of guaranteeing that the Architecture function is suitably centered on solution delivery and design activities, as well as aligning our technology selections with the rest of the group.
The Head of Architecture will work closely with the ITSG - Architecture - Director of Engineering & Architecture, the Senior Director of ITS, other ITSG leadership members and all other MSP functions to ensure that architecture work is relevant and remains closely aligned to divisional and organisation priorities.
What you'll do
- Lead and develop the day to day delivery work of the MSP Architecture teams including the management of people, projects, and processes.
- Act as an ambassador for the MSP Architecture function.
- Work alongside the ITSG - Architecture - Director of Engineering & Architecture and the ITSG - Director of IT Service Operations to set tactical direction based on business initiatives and ensure this direction is presented and communicated to the team and other key stakeholders.
- Planning, design, implementation and management of MSP services to support our customer needs.
- Develop, implement & continuously improve on processes and systems to fulfil our stakeholder and customer needs.
- Collaborate closely with Operations, Service Management, and Engineering teams in the planning and sizing of infrastructure that supports new products, applications, and services.
- Act as an escalation point, where appropriate, contributing to the resolution of incidents & technical problems, whilst communicating with key stakeholders.
- Encourage the growth and career progression of ITSG Architecture staff by providing a variety of development opportunities and career paths.
- Participate in technology / project planning sessions and work with key stakeholders to ensure on-time implementation of technical solutions.
- Responsible for overall technology architecture activities; which will deliver future proof technology landscape and deliver business impact.
- Analyzing the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Leading and facilitating the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise.
- Consulting with program/project teams to fit solutions to architecture across all viewpoints.
What you'll bring
- Demonstrated practical experience or relevant certifications in one or more industry-recognized frameworks, such as COBIT, ITIL, TOGAF or similar.
- A minimum of 8 years of IT experience, including at least 3 years in a leadership role within a relevant IT function.
- Outstanding analytical skills and the ability to explore various options, providing well-reasoned arguments to fulfill customer and business requirements, along with strong problem-solving capabilities.
- A proven customer focus combined with the ability to effectively engage and communicate with senior management stakeholders.
- A great passion for technology that compels you to always keep an eye on new technologies, platforms, techniques, languages and innovation in general.
- Extensive team work experience and ability to effectively engage and motivate others towards a common goal.
- A proven aptitude for fostering staff growth and development, along with experience in effectively managing teams across geographically distributed locations.
- Well-organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and respond effectively under pressure, swiftly adapting to changes and adjusting priorities as needed.
- Skilled in translating complex problems into understandable language without oversimplifying the complexity, ensuring clear communication.
- Demonstrable experience in defining and executing large-scale projects while simultaneously managing the daily operations of a bustling Architecture function.
- Experience in collaborating with different functions to establish, implement and refine agreed-upon working practices for optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with strong delegation skills.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation Package for you and for your family, including soft-landing package services to help you settle in Malaga (applicable in Spain if you're moving from a different country/city to Malaga)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.