Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
MSP is a highly private, managed services and data centre hosting facility. We offer an array of different products and services including cloud, co-location, corporate services and many other ‘as a’ services. Our business comprises a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who empower our customers and their organizations by tailoring the most suitable solutions to their technology requirements.
The IT Services Group serves as the core of MSP's value chain. Composed of the Engineering and Services & Operations teams, we function as a close-knit, high-performing unit that consistently strives for excellence.
What you'll do
As a Database Engineer, you will be part of a team that supports and maintains our 24x7 mission critical Corporate Applications providing Tier 3 Support.
You will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of range of database technologies including MSSQL and MySQL instances in a mixture of containerised and containerised environment.
You will be a main point of contact for various teams for databases topics. As well as being responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, provisioning of database instances, optimising and day-to-day maintenance of Production and Non Production Databases.
- Be point of reference for all questions related to our current Data Systems technologies and provide 24x7 support during on-call support rotation schedule
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of 24x7 mission critical databases
- Provision data systems technologies both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
- Work closely with colleagues to improve the performance of existing databases
- Identifies and investigates complex problems and issues and recommends corrective actions, including monitoring performance statistics and create reports
- Solves complex problems involving multiple systems, infrastructure layers
- Proactively look for and identify way to improve the current setups and handle complex tasks
- Performs routine configurations, installations, and reconfigurations of database and related products
- Ownership/accountability/knowledge of systems owned by themselves and contributes to ownership of the wider team systems
- Actively participates and contributes in the design and architectural changes in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Promotes and implements technical innovation and continuous improvements through investigation of new tools/technologies and ideas
- Provide detailed documentation to describe database design, operating procedures and dependencies on infrastructure layers
- Using company-standard tools, handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, deployment etc.
- Ability to simplify code to improve performance
What you'll bring
The ideal ITSG - Database Engineer will possesses some or all of the following attributes
- Demonstrated seniority and overall IT experience, including basic knowledge of Linux and Windows administration.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Consultative approach to supporting various teams
- Experience in several and including strong experience in at least one of the following technologies:
- MS SQL database management including availability groups.
- MySQL database management with clustered environments.
- PostgreSQL administration
- Elasticsearch administration
- TSDB: InfluxDB / Prometheus / Graphite
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills, with the ability to research and solve technically challenging problems involving integrated systems.
- Experience with configuration management tools: Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
- Working experience with Cloud service providers
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English. Experience managing end customers will be an asset
- Related education/certification
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country - Relocation to Malaga)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.