Join our Gaming Team!
You’ll be developing some of the world’s leading player-focused casino games. From inception to design and architecture, your team will own the process and deliver real excellence for our clients. The fun doesn’t stop there. We’re continuously evolving with challenging initiatives like Kubernetes standardization, continuous delivery and Microservices architecture so every iteration provides (the opportunity for) a fresh approach or improved way of working. Our focus on autonomy puts you in the driver’s seat as our trusted expert, and you’ll enjoy collaborating with the entire team to make our products and services the best they can be, every single day.
What technologies will you be working with?
Our Games software engineers get involved in the whole end to end game lifecycle delivery. From designing and implementing the game engines, with a deeper focus on Front-end technologies, to crafting and developing the game client. You will work in collaboration within our Games Teams and are keen on learning and working together to deliver the best games possible.
Please note that you will do front/ backend tasks but you don't need to have experience in both, we are considering purely frontend developers with the right motivation to learn backend and become full stack!🚀
- Testing frameworks and testing practices.
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Build tools (Maven, Gradle, NPM, Webpack) as well as version control systems (Git).
- SQL knowledge (MSSQL/PostgreSQL).
- Web services (REST).
- PixiJs/Pixi-spine (or other similar graphics rendering framework e.g. Phaser).
- Browser APIs, REST/Websocket.
What else you’ll be doing:
You will be working in a team responsible for the end to end delivery of casino games as well as the maintenance and evolution of the game development framework, making sure that best practices and technology are kept up to date as the owner of all related systems in the Games ecosystem.
You will work side by side with your peers, and together you will have all the expertise to cover all aforementioned areas and being able to contribute from inception to production delivery and beyond.
You will be part of the Games Value Stream in the Gaming Division, where you will be working alongside other teams across multiple locations to deliver against our strategic objectives.
What you’ll bring
- Positive, growth mindset, knowledge sharing, and creativity while problem-solving with others.
- Demonstrated Front-end skills (multithreading, OOP, etc.) and/ interest in Back-end. You don't need to be proficient in both, but willing to learn and work in a T-shape role.
- Good understanding of what quality code means (clean code & testing) and understanding web-based applications (HTTP protocol, Web Servers, Caching, etc.).
- Good testing practices (unit, component, and E2E testing).
- Ability to prioritize work, and collaborate with the business (e.g. Product, BI, Design, and Talent Teams)
- Understanding of the data modeling, architecture, and how other systems work.
- An agile approach to development, and a good understanding of lean and agile methodologies.
- CI/CD approach to work and understanding of CI/CD tools.
- Collaborative, respectful attitude, and good communication skills in English.
- Curiosity to learn new languages/frameworks, to experiment and try out new technologies.
We care about your career progression, health and wellbeing, so we offer:
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customizable benefits package
- Flexible working hours
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive, and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning, and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons, and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing