Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the centre of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
As a Security Engineer your mission is to defend infrastructure, applications and services that our users and clients use every day.
Our work is complex but varied and rewarding, there will be constant opportunities to grow and learn as part of a global technical team.
You will manage security across multiple datacentres and cloud environments, automating routine tasks like security scanning, patching and configuration management to free up time for more strategic security initiatives.
What you'll do
As a Security Engineer with expertine in enterprise security and software development, you will play a pivotal role in implementing, and maintaining The Workshop’s security posture.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementing and managing security systems across the entire organisation’s infrastructure, data, and applications to defend from security threats.
- Work with networks, applications and engineering teams to ensure that the organisation`s technology platforms, infrastructure and systems are hardened and with the right level of observability.
- Help software delivery teams to design, build, and use applications securely at scale leveraging cutting-edge technologies such as Kubernetes on public or private cloud.
- Proactively identify security problems and improvements to be made within systems and applications deployment.
- Work with vendors and internal stakeholders to provide effective incident resolution.
- Work with Security Architecture on defining and implementing the overall security strategy for the organization.
What you'll bring:
To be successful in this role, you will need a curious mindset and a strong technical background in Security, IT infrastructure and software development practices.
If you possess knowledge or have had exposure in any of the following areas, we would like to hear from you!
- At least 2 years’ experience in the security industry working in a technical role.
- Design and implementation of enterprise security tools including IDS/IPS, Content filtering or SIEM.
- In-depth understanding of network OSI model and web protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP and DNS
- Working knowledge of Linux and scripting skills (Python or Bash) for automation.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps practices and familiarity with OWASP tools and practices
- Experience with Threat Modelling and basic technical risk assessment
- A team player mindset, able to articulate security-related concepts to different levels of the organisation.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities, and prioritise work in a dynamic work environment.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation Package for you and for your family, including soft-landing package services to help you settle in Malaga (applicable in Spain if you're moving from a different country/city to Malaga)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing