Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
As a Solutions Architect for DevOps department, you will provide technical designs, advice, governance, strategic business alignment with product and project day to day deliverables. The group operates across the entirety of the TWS business to drive and support change and ensure consistency across all engaged deliverables.
Working with the three teams within the DevOps department - Platform, Site Reliability and Database Engineering -, activities include helping to proliferate industry and technical experience within the business, the creation of solution designs and supporting existing products, mapping out solutions to a company standard, helping to define and refine products used within the business, provide technical leadership within a project and supporting the project manager to deliver a solution within a project framework and scope.
This enterprising individual will, in response to a business problem or based on business vision, help create a vision of a target system and be able to describe it in appropriate detail and explain it to a technical and non-technical audience. They will then design at a high-level (and potentially low-level) the outline of a target solution and produce a first pass architecture definition and subsequently move forward to the planning and implementation with stakeholder buy in. The Solutions Architect should provide technical advice and support the deployment and configuration phases quite commonly in tandem with managers.
Unstructured activities include research and development amongst others investigation, exploration, proof of concepts, championing technologies.
What you'll do
- Work within a team to create consistent architectural artefacts
- Collaborate in technical design and implementation of an ambitious Cloud programme, involving software, infrastructure, platform, database and process transformation.
- Capture requirements, create solution designs and communicate the solutions to subject matter experts and stakeholders
- Align with the rest of Solutions Architects across the board.
- Act as the technical lead for the DevOps department
- Research and development with prototyping, offering solutions and where necessary delivery of a component or solution
- Refine new or existing solution designs to support changes both during the project life-cycle and as a consequence of environmental factors.
What you'll bring
- In depth knowledge and understanding of container and microservices technologies and related architectures
- 3+ years of experience working with Kubernetes in production
- Proven understanding of networking (TCP/IP, DNS, etc)
- Understanding of various relational and non-relational database technologies along with their benefits, downsides, and best use-cases
- Previous experience in implementing CI/CD solutions
- Solid understanding of Engineering principles and Software Development Lifecycle
- Demonstrate ability to support Cloud architecture recommendations and decisions with research and reasoning
- Excellent automation skills and the ability to drive initiatives to automate processes
- Must have strong expertise in operating Linux/Unix environments and scripting languages like Python and Shell
- Must possess excellent knowledge of infrastructure automation tools (Ansible, Terraform).
- Good communication skills, primarily with a technical audience of peers and subject matter experts
- Analytical skills to understand and negotiate technical and non-functional requirements
- Experience with Cloud migration, have implemented at least 1 cloud migration project
- Hunger/thirst for technology and open to innovative approaches to understanding and using new tools as well perfecting what is available
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.