Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
The IT Services Group is at the heart of the value chain for MSP. Our team which consists of Product, Core Engineering, IT Services, Support and Architecture are a tight knit operating unit where excellence is the standard.
The Service Management function is a fresh addition to the IT Services group with the mission of guaranteeing that the IT services provided align with the needs and expectations of the business and its customers. The department is responsible for Service Management within the organisation which includes Service Design, Service Transition, Service Assurance, Service Governance and Risk management, all aimed at providing optimal service delivery.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping the service transition & design function. This includes assessing and evaluating the current processes and designing and implementing necessary changes to ensure they align with ITIL4 best practices and are fit for purpose.
Reporting to the Service Transition Principal, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of successful end to end IT service transitions , knowledge of ITIL4 best practices and service transition processes, experience in managing service transition activities for a global technology company, matrix leadership and project management skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced professional to help shape the service transition function within a global technology company.
What you'll do
- Plan, manage & coordinate the successful transition of IT services
- Quality Control (Service Readiness / Service acceptance)
- Service Pipeline management & monitoring (including EOL)
- Produce Service Designs and any other required service transition artefacts
- Continuously improve the service transition framework in collaboration with the other business functions
- Manage & maintain the service catalogue
- Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring that all release plans/polices are in place for all agreed services
- Take accountability for the transition of new and/or changed services into BAU
- Provide oversight and direction to cross-functional teams involved in the transition of services into production.
- Own service transition processes and ensure these are communicated and followed throughout the IT function.
- Support the delivery of key requirements through the Service Transition team by providing ongoing support and expertise
- Ensure all Service Design and end to end support models are reviewed and implemented for any changed or new services
- Ensure all process comply within internal security and technology standards.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, vendors, and other teams.
- While this job description encompasses core responsibilities, it is not exhaustive. The role may entail additional duties to accommodate dynamic business demands and growth.
What you'll bring
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in an IT service environment within a complex and diverse organisation, with 3 years being at a service transition role.
- Have demonstrable experience and aptitude in working in a matrix organisation where effective and robust negotiating and influencing skills are used successfully while maintaining good working relationships with members of that organisation
- Experience of working for a managed services provider an advantage
- ITIL® certification an advantage
- Strong negotiation skills
- Extensive team work experience and ability to effectively lead, engage and motivate other Inventors towards a common goal
- Experience of Project Management and proven ability of managing all the types of work and workloads required to successfully deliver a high performing service
- Experience delivering services in a challenging organisational environment and influencing change
- Good response under pressure and ability to quickly react to changes and to adapt strategies and priorities accordingly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to relate effectively to users at all levels and careful attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- A great passion for technology that compels you to always keep an eye on new technologies, platforms, techniques, languages and innovation in general
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at the innovative, value-driven global company that uses cutting-edge tech.
- Global work experience in agile methodology.
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!).
- Attractive salary and flexible benefits package (incl. medical insurance for you and your family, life insurance, free language classes).
- Playful, accessible office in the Technology Park of Málaga with a free, private bus connection from the city centre and a range of workplace perks.
- Flexible working hours and ways of working, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities every day.
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle down in Spain (if you are moving from a different city/country).
- Team building events, Learning Labs, Hackathons, Designatons, and even Referathons!
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service.