You will be responsible for managing the delivery of multiple delivery streams, overseeing the team in areas such as quality, delivery schedule, risk mitigation, resource planning and overall productivity.
We are looking for an individual who is capable of planning, executing and managing all aspects of a product life cycle across highly skilled teams.
Someone who is comfortable talking about the latest trends in Data and seeing how these fit into the bigger pictures of current and future platform architectural initiatives, they should also be comfortable acting as a mentor and coach to their team, promoting high standards of engineering principles.
You will contribute to the strategy of the team across all disciplines including delivery methodology, performance, security, continuous delivery and operational support.
What You Will Do
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction to the data engineering team to deliver the Product and Engineering Roadmap and own the technical transformation.
- Define and execute engineering plans, manage scheduling and resource allocation ensuring alignment to business priorities and architectural strategy
- Help decide the architectural solution for any given problem statement. Based on engineering advise, product direction and business standards
- Balance product delivery with innovation, technical and process improvements and innovation allowing for agility and predictability
- Drive and enforce the SDLC process, establishing process and procedures for handling change
- Identify and develop mitigation/contingency plans and facilitate the risk management process
- Manage hiring, retention and career development of the engineering teams ensuring a consistently high-performing well-balanced talent pool is maintained
- Work with the data leadership to define team OKRs, in line with the company
- Enforce clean code and other good programming practices, providing continuous improvement feedback
- Coach and mentor team members through example, advice and correction; help them expand their skills and career paths
- Operate as a role model at all times
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts
- Champion the importance of modern data solutions across the business and support the education of colleagues on the business value of obtaining good quality data
- Build relationships with product managers to generalize data needs and guide the roadmaps of our internal platforms
What You Will Bring
- A passion for all things Data and Data related
- Well-versed in Agile software development processes and techniques and how to adapt them to the team dynamics and business needs
- A background in Big Data with hands-on experience in developing commercial solutions
- Problem-solving mindset, can-do attitude and leadership skills
- Good communication (spoken/written) and presentation skills
- Ability to learn and keep technically current with industry approaches, frameworks, and paradigms, including self-learning and company sponsored improvement
- Ability to motivate a team to achieve the defined vision and product objectives while balancing business priorities through collaboration with senior management
- Ability to initiate, recognize, and manage change
- Ability to manage performance and coach team members for growth through career development plans and leading by example
- Ability to work autonomously in a dynamic environment
- Full English professional proficiency
- Customer focus and data-driven mindset – using data to inform strategy
We care about your career progression, health and wellbeing, so we offer:
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Flexible working hours
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
When you plan to work from the office, you can expect:
- A contemporary and accessible environment with a range of workplace perks.
- Free breakfasts, snacks and drinks.
- Thirsty Thursday – afterwork!