Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
As a Security Operations Manager, you will be part of a global Security Operations team and are responsible for maintaining our security operations, developing security protocols.
Reporting to the Head of Support Operations, we are seeking a motivated Security Operations Manager to build and develop our Security Operations Team. The ideal candidate will have expertise in building teams focused on monitoring, detecting, and responding to threats and vulnerabilities in the organisation's IT environment. This role requires an individual with a keen eye for details, a solid understanding of the cyber threat landscape, and a passion for protecting the organisation from potential threats. The individual will also be a strong leader with experience of building global teams, creating strategies to both protect the business and directly contribute to enterprise value.
This is a unique opportunity to create a team of the brightest Security professionals in the industry, influencing decisions on how the balance of the security strategy looks in terms of people, processes and tools, providing you with the opportunity to grow and develop your skills.
What you will use
- Endpoint Malware, Detection & Response
- DNS Security
- Email Security
- Ticket/Change Management
- Wiki collaboration
- Enterprise Password Management
- Vulnerability Scanning & Management
- Breach simulations and prevention
- Monitoring & Detection resources
- Threat Hunting
What you'll do
Team Leadership & Development:
- Lead and mentor the security operations team, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration.
- Conduct performance reviews, facilitate team training, and manage staffing needs.
Security Monitoring & Incident Management:
- Ensure the monitoring of security events, ensuring timely detection, and response to potential threats.
- Ensure the effective triage, prioritisation, and resolution of security incident tickets.
- Contribute to post-incident analysis to identify root causes and preventive measures.
- Evaluate incoming security incident tickets to prioritise based on severity, urgency, and potential impact.
- Assign tickets to appropriate team members for investigation and follow-up.
- Ensure all security incident tickets are tracked, documented, and updated regularly in the incident management system.
- Coordinate with other IT and business teams as needed to gather additional information or to communicate incident details.
- Drive tickets towards resolution, ensuring that all relevant findings, actions, and recommendations are documented.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure timely remediation of identified issues and vulnerabilities.
- Periodically review ticket metrics to identify trends, potential areas of concern, and opportunities for process improvements.
- Collaborate with the team to develop strategies to reduce ticket volume through proactive measures and enhanced detection capabilities.
- Engage with end-users, IT teams, and other stakeholders to gather feedback on the incident handling process, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Conduct post-incident reviews, when necessary, to discuss the root cause and lessons learned from significant incidents.
- Keep abreast of the latest cyber threat intelligence and understand its relevance to the organisation.
- Collaborate with external entities, industry peers, and government bodies on shared threat intelligence.
- Develop and maintain operational playbooks, SOPs, and procedures to ensure consistent incident handling and response.
- Identify areas for process and technical improvement, and drive necessary changes to enhance the team's effectiveness.
Awareness and Training:
- Engage with IT teams and business units to provide security guidance and promote security awareness.
- Assist in developing and delivering security training materials for internal stakeholders.
Operational Strategy & Planning:
- Define and implement strategic goals for the security operations function in line with the organisation's security objectives.
- Regularly evaluate and refine operational processes and methodologies for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Engage senior management and stakeholders with timely incident updates, metrics, and strategic recommendations.
Tools & Infrastructure Management:
- Oversee the administration, tuning, and optimisation of security tools and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with technology teams to ensure the integration and alignment of security tools within the broader IT ecosystem.
What you'll bring:
The ideal Security Operations Manager will possess some or all of the following attributes
- Relevant qualifications in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field. Advanced certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CEH, GCIA) are a plus.
- 2+ years experience in a management role, managing global teams.
- 4 years of experience in cybersecurity operations, incident response, or a related role
- Proficiency in SIEM technologies, EDR tools, and other cybersecurity technologies
- In-depth knowledge of security architectures, threat landscape, and incident response methodologies.
- Solid understanding of network protocols, system architecture, and operating systems.
- Familiarity with various attack vectors, threat tactics, and attacker TTPs.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
What's in for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at the innovative, value-driven global company that uses cutting-edge tech.
- Global work experience in agile methodology.
- International, friendly and inclusive multicultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!).
- Attractive salary and flexible benefits package (incl. medical insurance for you and your family, life insurance, free language classes).
- Playful, accessible office in the Technology Park of Málaga with a free, private bus connection from the city centre and a range of workplace perks.
- Flexible working hours, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities every day.
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle down in Spain (if you are moving from a different city/country).
- Flexibility of working from home or in the office to stay both safe and collaborative.
- Team building events, Learning Labs, Hackathons, Designathons, and even Referathons!
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service.