Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
As a Security Operations Analyst, you will be part of a global Security Operations team and are responsible for maintaining our security operations, developing security protocols.
Reporting to the Security Operations Manager, we are seeking a motivated Security Operations Analyst to join our Security Operations Team. The ideal candidate will have skills in monitoring, detecting, and responding to threats and vulnerabilities in the organisation's IT environment. This role requires an individual with a keen eye for details, an understanding of the cyber threat landscape, and a passion for protecting the organisation from potential threats.
You will work closely with some of the brightest Security professionals in the industry using only the latest and best in class tools and platforms, providing you with the opportunity to grow and develop your skills.
What you will use
Detection & Response
Enterprise Password Management
Vulnerability Scanning & Management
Breach simulations and prevention
Monitoring & Detection resources
What you'll do
- Evaluate incoming security incident tickets to prioritise based on severity, urgency, and potential impact.
- Assign tickets to appropriate team members for investigation and follow-up.
- Ensure all security incident tickets are tracked, documented, and updated regularly in the incident management system.
- Coordinate with other IT and business teams as needed to gather additional information or to communicate incident details.
- Drive tickets towards resolution, ensuring that all relevant findings, actions, and recommendations are documented.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure timely remediation of identified issues and vulnerabilities.
- Periodically review ticket metrics to identify trends, potential areas of concern, and opportunities for process improvements.
- Collaborate with the team to develop strategies to reduce ticket volume through proactive measures and enhanced detection capabilities.
- Engage with end-users, IT teams, and other stakeholders to gather feedback on the incident handling process, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Participate in post-incident reviews, when necessary, to discuss the root cause and lessons learned from significant incidents.
Monitoring and Detection:
- Continuously monitor and analyse the organisation's network traffic, logs, and security alerts for signs of malicious activity.
- Develop, tune, and maintain tools and rulesets to improve detection capabilities.
- Investigate and respond to security incidents, escalating as needed.
- Participate in on-call rotations to ensure 24/7 incident coverage.
- Document and communicate findings, advise on remediation, and track issue resolution.
- Keep abreast of the latest cyber threat intelligence and understand its relevance to the organisation.
What you'll bring
The ideal Security Operations Analyst will possess some or all of the following attributes
- Relevant qualifications in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field. Advanced certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CEH, GCIA) are a plus.
- 2 years of experience in cybersecurity operations, incident response, or a related role.
- Proficiency in SIEM technologies, EDR tools, and other cybersecurity technologies.
- Solid understanding of network protocols, system architecture, and operating systems.
- Familiarity with various attack vectors, threat tactics, and attacker TTPs.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at the innovative, value-driven global company that uses cutting-edge tech.
- Global work experience in agile methodology.
- International, friendly and inclusive multicultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!).
- Attractive salary and flexible benefits package (incl. medical insurance for you and your family, life insurance, free language classes).
- Playful, accessible office in the Technology Park of Málaga with a free, private bus connection from the city centre and a range of workplace perks.
- Flexible working hours and ways of working, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities every day.
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle down in Spain (if you are moving from a different city/country).
- Flexibility of working from home or in the office to stay both safe and collaborative.
- Team building events, Learning Labs, Hackathons, Designathons, and even Referathons!
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service.