Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Within The Workshop, MSP is a highly private, managed services and data centre hosting facility. We offer an array of different products and services including cloud, co-location, managed security and many other ‘as a’ services. Our business is made up of diverse, highly skilled people who enable our customers and their businesses by matching the right solutions to their technology needs.
In addition, the IT Services Group is at the heart of the value chain for MSP. Our team which consists of Product, Core Engineering, IT Services, Support and Architecture are a tight knit operating unit where excellence is the standard.
Working with the Head of Architecture at ITSG and the other Architects in the team you will define Architecture Strategy, Architecture Roadmaps and Architecture Designs for MSP IT Platforms and Services. You will focus on and be responsible for domains in your experience, for example, Cloud, Networks, Compute and Storage, Operations Automation and Orchestration, Database and File Systems, etc.
The successful IT Architect will be passionate about delivering IT Platforms and Services that will support the growth ambitions of MSP and the needs of MSP customers. You will need to bring the experience and collaborative mindset to be able to work with all functions across MSP to ensure the IT Platforms and Services are “Designed to be Secure”, “Designed to Run” and “Designed to support Customer Products”.
What you'll do
- Analyse business requirements and develop technical solutions that meet business needs.
- Develop architectural blueprints and roadmaps that align with the organization's technology strategy with other architects and teams in MSP.
- Lead the design and implementation of complex IT systems, including hardware, software, and applications.
- Support the Head of Architecture and the other architects in the team to ensure that all changes to Information Technology in MSP are controlled by Architecture Governance
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, including architectural diagrams, solution design documents, and operational procedures.
- Provide technical guidance and support to other IT teams, including support for system-related issues and incidents.
- Collaborate with procurement teams to develop and maintain accurate Bill of Materials (BoMs) for IT projects, including hardware, software, and licensing components.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and recommend new solutions and tools that could improve IT performance and efficiency.
- Provide Architecture support to all other Architecture functions within TechCo to provide first-class solutions for the group.
- Defining and developing the organization's IT strategy, creating technology roadmaps, and designing technical solutions that align with the organization's business requirements and technology vision.
- Demonstrate a good response under pressure and ability to quickly react to changes and to adapt strategies and priorities accordingly.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent accreditation/experience.
- Possess a broad set of technical skills across multiple IT areas (such as infrastructure, software development, database administration, security, etc.).
- At least 3-5 years of experience in IT architecture, with a strong focus on infrastructure, Network, Virtualization, and Storage
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders across the organization.
- A great passion for technology that compels you to always keep an eye on new technologies, platforms, techniques, languages and innovation in general.
- Experience using TOGAF methodology to develop and implement IT solutions is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing