Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Within The Workshop, Host Co. is a managed services provider that values our customers privacy, data sovereignty and security. We offer our clients a number of products and services including Cloud (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS), co-location in our own data centres and many other ‘as a’ services. Our business is made up of diverse, highly skilled people who enable our customers and their businesses by matching the right solutions to their technology needs.
Working as part of Host Co.’s Engineering team you will define Technical Strategy, Architecture Roadmaps and Network Designs for Host Co’s. Platforms and Services. Our team which consists of Product, Engineering, Operations and Architecture act as a cohesive unit to deliver quality, robust and innovative solutions to enable Host Co. and its customers. You will focus on and be responsible for domains in your experience, for example, Cloud, Networks, Compute and Storage, Operations Automation and Orchestration, Database and File Systems, etc.
The successful IT Network Architect will be passionate about delivering IT Platforms and Services that will support the growth ambitions of MSP and the needs of MSP customers. You will need to bring the experience and collaborative mindset to be able to work with all functions across MSP to ensure the IT Platforms and Services are “Designed to be Secure”, “Designed to Run” and “Designed to support Customer Products”.
What you'll do
- Analyse business requirements and develop technical solutions that meet business needs.
- Develop architectural blueprints and roadmaps that align with the organization's technology strategy, mainly but not strictly restricted to vendors such as Cisco (R&S and SD-WAN), Palo Alto (firewall) and F5 (load balancers) and routing protocols.
- Lead the design and implementation of complex IT systems, including hardware and software.
- Support the Head of Architecture and the other architects in the team to ensure that all changes to Information Technology are controlled by Architecture Governance
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, including architectural diagrams, solution design documents, and operational procedures.
- Provide technical guidance and support to other IT teams, including support for system-related issues and incidents.
- Collaborate with procurement teams to develop and maintain accurate Bill of Materials (BoMs) for IT projects, including hardware, software, and licensing components.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and recommend new solutions and tools that could improve IT performance and efficiency.
- Provide Architecture Guidance to all other Architecture functions to provide first-class solutions for the group.
- Defining and developing the organization's IT strategy, creating technology roadmaps, and designing technical solutions that align with the organization's business requirements and technology vision.
- Demonstrate a good response under pressure and ability to quickly react to changes and to adapt strategies and priorities accordingly.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent accreditation/experience.
- Good understanding of a broad set of technical skills across multiple IT areas (such as infrastructure, software development, database administration, security, etc.) to provide specific networking solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience in network architecture and design, with a strong focus on Palo Alto and Cisco technologies like SD-WAN and routing protocols.
- Networking experience across multiple cloud platforms including Openstack, AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders across the organization.
- A great passion for technology that compels you to always keep an eye on new technologies, platforms, techniques, languages and innovation in general.
- Experience using TOGAF methodology to develop and implement IT solutions is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at the innovative, value-driven global company that uses cutting-edge tech.
- Global work experience in Agile methodology.
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!).
- Attractive salary and flexible benefits package (incl. medical insurance for you and your family, life insurance, free language classes).
- Playful, accessible office in the Technology Park of Málaga with a free, private bus connection from the city centre and a range of workplace perks.
- Flexible working hours and ways of working, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities every day.
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle down in Spain (if you are moving from a different city/country).
- Team building events, Learning Labs, Hackathons, Designatons, and even Referathons!
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service.