Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Within The Workshop, Host Co. is a managed services provider that values our customers privacy, data sovereignty and security. We offer our clients a number of products and services including Cloud (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS), co-location in our own data centres and many other ‘as a’ services. Our business is made up of diverse, highly skilled people who enable our customers and their businesses by matching the right solutions to their technology needs.
We are seeking a versatile, enthusiastic and dynamic IT Project Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be fully dedicated to projects, owning their life cycle from inception to deployment, including operational readiness and should be excited by the challenges associated with a wide range of projects.
The IT Manager will play a crucial role in ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget, whist showing good communication skills and leadership abilities to facilitate the entire project lifecycle journey.
Your main objective will be to take ownership to successfully deliver strategically important projects and activities, supporting teams to establish plans and keep track of project milestones, taking viewpoints from all groups into consideration, and providing consistency over the whole project lifecycle. This role requires someone that is able to work with diverse teams and stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, and has high organisational and planning skills.
What you'll do
- Drive the progress of critical and strategic projects towards key business objectives.
- Work with key stakeholders and the Programme Management function within the organisation to determine overall plans, milestones and timelines.
- Capture and actively manage risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, and decisions in an organised, structured, and coherent way.
- Work with teams and other peers to establish overall plans and actively manage cross project dependencies.
- Build appropriate and effective relationships and facilitate collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives.
- Present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Share your knowledge and experience with colleagues, mentoring others, helping the team to grow their skills.
- Promote project management best practices and identify opportunities to improve work processes and efficiency, not settling or satisfying with the status quo.
What you'll bring
- Experience working with complex IT projects, with a focus on IT infrastructure and exposure to Product Management.
- Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Personable and exceptional communicator with advance English proficiency (written, spoken, and presentation skills).
- Proven experience in successfully managing and leading complex projects in technical environments, preferably in IT Operations and Infrastructure.
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Credible and persuasive, with collaborative and influencing skills.
- Respects confidentiality and can demonstrate outstanding judgment and discretion.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and in a team setting.
Desirable skills and experience
- Degree educated in a subject such as IT, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, etc.
- Knowledge in infrastructure and cloud technologies.
- Desirable familiarity with ITIL and professional project management qualifications (e.g., PMP, Prince2, etc.).
What's in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at the innovative, value-driven global company that uses cutting-edge tech.
- Global work experience in Agile methodology.
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!).
- Attractive salary and flexible benefits package (incl. medical insurance for you and your family, life insurance, free language classes).
- Playful, accessible office in the Technology Park of Málaga with a free, private bus connection from the city centre and a range of workplace perks.
- Flexible working hours and ways of working, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities every day.
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle down in Spain (if you are moving from a different city/country).
- Team building events, Learning Labs, Hackathons, Designatons, and even Referathons!
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service.